16 IKEA Hacks to Up Your Organization Game This Spring
The season of organization is in full force, folks! We’re gathering our spring cleaning essentials and getting ready to tackle projects big and small to make our lives clutter free. And since everyone around here is a *little* obsessed with a good ol’ IKEA hack, there’s no better way to keep things clean, pretty and organized than with an upgrade from our favorite Swedish store. The IKEA storage hacks below are sure to add some color and help you keep your life together this season. Pick a few to tackle this weekend and pin some more for later to get your organization on in the coming months. Spring refresh, FTW!
1. Painted Basket DIY: Baskets are a great no-fuss way to keep your smaller items in order. This colorful upgrade takes no time at all, and pom poms just make everything *way* more fun. (via Tell Love and Party)
2. Kallax/TV Console Hack: Consoles tend to be super expensive, but reworking this Kallax piece with some gold hairpin legs completely transforms the piece into your newest living room favorite. (via Refinery 29)
5. Credenza Hack: A good credenza that’s easy on the wallet can be pretty hard to find. But with a simple leg update and a slab of marble, your IKEA piece can be completely transformed into an elevated bedroom staple. (via Design Love Fest)
6. Bookshelf Update: This metallic update adds just the right amount of glitz to an office or living room. It’s also a great opportunity to color code those books and accessories for a bright, organized look. (via McKenna Bleu)
7. Gold Shelf Update: You can score shelves at IKEA for next to nothing, and updating the mount colors seriously ups your organization game. Bonus points for pulling in some pastels and bright colors to accent the gold. (via Stylecaster)
8. Kallax Bar Cart Hack: The KALLAX piece is super versatile, but our favorite hack has to be this revamped bar cart option. All it takes is some metallic legs as an accent and your best gold embellished barware for some glitzy springtime sips. (via The Everygirl)
11. Glammed Up Grundtal Gold Rails: A can of metallic spray paint completely transforms these rails into your coffee addiction’s BFF. Display your favorite bright mugs for some fun pattern play. (via Swoon Worthy)
12. Pegboard Hack: These IKEA spice racks and a pegboard can help you get your workspace and inspiration board popping this spring. Paint the spice racks your favorite spring-y pastel color and accent with neons for a punchy updated workspace. (via Bondville)
13. Book Display DIY: This simple install is a great way to display your favorite records or reads. You can also make a floating gallery wall with your favorite patterned prints. (via Daffodil Design)
15. Floating Shelf Hack: Get your crafting and inspiration board organized and ready to work with this easy (translated) update. These mattress slacks are a genius way to keep your favorite reads all in one place. (via Ich Designer)
16. Mudroom Bench DIY: This mudroom organizational hack helps you keep all of your stuff stowed away as soon as you come home. Add a colorful touch with some neon hooks or some bright prints stacked on top. (via The Mombot)
Looking for more ways to get yourself organized this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more springtime hacks and DIYs.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)