These 9 Instababes Are Giving Mommy-and-Me Dressing a Major Makeover
Let’s be real: For any fashion-conscious femme, half the fun of having kids is helping them experiment with style — and creating coordinating ensembles, of course. Gone are the days when mommy-and-me ensembles equate to cringe-worthy sweater sets, questionable onesies, and frill-trimmed frocks that call to mind an ‘80s-era family picture found on the feed of Awkward Family Photos (eek). Mini-me style is having something of a renaissance, with Instababes such as Eva Chen and Queen Bey herself paving the path to sartorial glory for moms everywhere. Here, we’re introducing you to some of our favorite examples of mommy-and-me dressing done right. Scroll on for nine seriously stylish moms and their equally on-point offspring.
1. Sai De Silva and London Scout: When it comes to matters of style, this mom-and-daughter duo knows what’s up. Cutesy isn’t in their vocabulary (no matchy-matchy getups here), but chic totally is. From metallic bomber jackets to high-waisted denim culottes (and teeny Dr. Martens!), their Insta feed is a bona fide style gold mine.
2. Chriselle Lim and Chloe: Chriselle Lim is one of the biggest blogger babes out there, and one of our go-to sources for outfit inspo. While Lim’s perfectly pieced-together looks are certainly a force to be reckoned with, they’re even better when accessorized with her mini-me Chloe, who is always dressed to the nines.
3. Eva Chen and Ren: The chances of Eva Chen and her offspring not making this list were slim to none — the girls have style. Here, the duo do the athleisure thing with fresh white sneaks, sweats, and sleek accessories (Ren’s leather jacket and Eva’s brow-bar aviators) in lieu of frilly sundresses or coordinating cardigans.
View this post on Instagram
B is seriously at the sweetest age! He is turning three this week and as much as I love this phase it's making me wish everything would slow down. He is already packing his favorite organic snacks in his backpack and begs to go to school like Mara and Wes. More on the blog: [link in bio] @puregrowthorganic #pgopartner #affordableorganic #poolparty
A post shared by Christine Andrew (@hellofashionblog) on
4. Christine Andrew and Beckam: While you’ll typically find Christine and Beckam rocking matching tees from her ILY Couture line, we’re swooning hard for these tropical suits that the pair sported for a recent stint at the pool.
5. Charlotte Groeneveld and Stella: The force behind The Fashion Guitar frequently features her kiddos Stella and James on her Insta feed, and we love every minute of it. For a stroll through the city, Groeneveld and Stella took the botanical route, sporting flowery frocks and don’t-care hair.
6. Lena Terlutter: This Cologne, Germany-based boutique owner and blogger hasn’t just mastered the art of the #OOTD, but she also has the whole mommy-and-me thing down pat. Whether she’s killin’ it in a Le Smoking or channeling a boho babe look, best believe her girls will follow suit.
7. Alanna Durkovich and Noah: Blogger Alanna Durkovich has the whole cool-mom thing down pat. Between her technicolor locks (we’re obsessed) and killer sense of style, there’s no way she’d fall victim to the dreaded matching sets you were subjected to back in the day. The perfect example: The Vancouver-based Instababe complemented her striped top and wide-leg jeans by choosing a black button-up tee and dark denim for her son Noah.
8. Beyoncé and Blue Ivy: Because, duh. If there’s anyone that does mommy-and-me right it’s Queen Bey and her other half. When the two aren’t dolled up in coordinating Halloween costumes or getting their glam on with matching floral maxi dresses (yeah, they’re kind of the cutest), you can find them slaying in pleated skirts, embellished jackets, and #millennialpink.
9. Amber Fillerup Clark and Atticus and Rosie:Barefoot Blonde blogger Amber Fillerup Clark nails a cohesive look with her pint-sized companions, working off a primary color palette and coordinating prints FTW.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)