International Women’s Day (IWD) has been around for more than a century as a day of celebration for the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women all over the world. This message resonates especially loudly this year in the wake of movements like #MeToo and Time’s Up. Today, shop these eight fashion and beauty brands that will be donating 100 percent (yes, you read that right) of their profits to foundations and organizations that support women and girls. Happy shopping.
1. Function of Beauty: Purchase a set of Function of Beauty’s personalized shampoo and conditioner on March 8, and simultaneously choose one of three non-profit organizations to donate to. The options are No More, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and Step Up.
2. LIVELY: Everyone’s favorite bra makers have released a limited-edition tee in honor of IWD that would do any wardrobe proud. The Confidence Tee ($25) has a simple but bold message, and 100 percent of profits will go to Support the Girls.
3. L’Occitane: L’Occitane designs a new balm every year for IWD to highlight feminine talent and leadership. This year’s balm is the Apricot Fragrance Ultra Soft Solidarity Balm ($6), whose proceeds will benefit thousands of women in Burkina Faso, West Africa. And for that price, you should stock up on a bunch to gift to all the ladies in your life.
4. Lunya: The luxury sleepwear brand has an ongoing relationship with Girls Inc. year round, and this IWD they have designed a special-edition Girls Inc. Muscle Tee ($88) that supports this LA-based organization. In addition to the money raised from this tee on March 8, Lunya will also donate 10 percent of all sales from March 2-10 to Girls Inc.
5. ADAY: This female-founded clothing brand is doing things a little differently, and has designed a set of limited-edition postcards in celebration of IWD. The postcards, which showcase the incredible movement of female empowerment, were crowdsourced from ADAY’s Instagram community and bring to life some of our favorite lady-centric slogans.
6. Elizabeth Arden: Elizabeth Arden has been an early advocate of women’s rights and a big part of making red lipstick a symbol of pride. The brand has partnered with another powerful supporter of women’s rights, Reese Witherspoon, to release a Limited Edition Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick ($27), with all profits benefiting UN Women.
7. Fossil: For IWD, Fossil has partnered with The ONE Campaign to join #GirlsCount — a movement to make sure every girl has access to education. They have designed a special GirlsCount Tote ($45), and all of the money from the tote will be used to help advocate for girls to get the education they deserve.
8. Aerie: Aerie has been killing it recently with their body-positive and inclusive campaigns, so of course they had something special lined up for IWD. In continuation of their Role Model campaign, Aerie is releasing a special collection that features the personal mantras of each Role Model (Aly Raisman, Yara Shahidi, Rachel Platten, and Iskra Lawrence), who will each donate all the profits to a charity of their choice.
How are you supporting and celebrating women this International Women’s Day?Let us know @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.