11 It-Girl-Approved Shoes You NEED in Your Closet This Summer
Save the flip-flops for your post-workout shower. With so many covetable steppers in the wings this summer, why settle for anything less than OMG-worthy? Espadrilles are a solid choice, but this season’s offerings go so far beyond the average rope-bottomed option. Metallic ankle boots, ultra bright mules, and embroidered heels are just a few of the Insta-ready styles you can expect to see on the feet of It girls this season. Whether your summer plans involve a lengthy list of festivals or a one-way ticket to paradise, these are the Instababe-approved shoes you need to take along for the ride.
1. Festival-Ready Metallic Boots: An unexpected alternative to classic studded leather or strappy suede styles, these high-shine steppers are guaranteed to score you best-dressed status as you sway to the beat.
2. Beachy Rope Sandals: Forget flip-flops — a stint in the sand calls for a pair of nautical kicks that would look just as Insta-worthy teamed alongside a swingy sundress or a bombshell one-piece swimsuit.
3. Wear-Anywhere Mules: By now you’re familiar with the sartorial powers mules possess — they effortlessly transition from the office to after-hours shenanigans and weekend chillin’ in a snap. Well, they lose zero appeal in the summer sun — just swap out neutral hues in favor of punchy color for a supremely sophisticated look with endless panache.
4. Fresh White Sneakers: Fact: The merits of white sneakers will never wane, especially when you’re pounding the pavement during a big city escape. Whether you’re playing tourist or running errands, these throw-on-and-go numbers won’t steer you wrong. Our fave way to wear them? With a flirty, feminine frock for plenty of cool-girl contrast.
5. Strappy Statement Heels: The statement heel is alive and well for summer 2017, and best believe these pearl-studded beauties will be making the rounds on Insta. Style ’em up for brunch and boutique hopping with an airy midi skirt and denim jacket, or toss ’em with a saucy romper and bold drop earrings for an upcoming GNO.
6. Hot Pink Loafers: Step aside, sandals — boss-lady loafers aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. When you need a break from pool slides and gladiators, step into a bright pair of flats for a modern It girl-approved look that comes together in seconds.
7. Sculptural Lace-Ups: A square-toe silhouette and lace-up straps are a match made in heaven, creating a trend-right sandal that pairs perfectly with culottes, wrap dresses, and everything in between for rooftop cocktails and dinner by the sea.
8. Embellished Slides: Slide into summer a la model Rocky Barnes with edgy embellished slides that inject a classic jeans-and-tank combo with a healthy dose of don’t-mess appeal. Don’t even think about heading out the door without a killer set of sunnies that will make passersby do a double take.
9. Woven Pumps: A trip to the Hamptons or the Tuscan coast call for a pair of steppers that are equal parts ladylike and laid-back. Look no further than these architectural woven block heels that were practically made for sipping limoncello in the sun.
10. Technicolor Kicks: Do you really need a reason to add a set of rainbow bright sandals to your arsenal? Be it a stroll through the farmers’ market or a lazy day spent chillin’ by the pool, their good vibes are prime time for whatever is on your agenda. Just toss on a crocheted dress and souped-up straw bag for a flawless warm-weather getup.
11. Embroidered Sandals: Embroidered accessories are an essential this season, and one glance at these block-heeled beauties and it’s not hard to discern why. While they’d make the perfect finishing touch to a twirl-worthy lace dress for your BFF’s wedding, we love the way they jazz up everyday denim and tees.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!