14 Spring Espadrilles That Are Anything But Basic
Espadrilles are a classic spring and summer shoe, but as much as we love them, the style can start to feel stale after a while. Luckily, the iconic kicks are stepping up their game for the Spring/Summer ’17 season with a slew of new silhouettes, vibrant embroidery, and luxe fabrics that will do your updated arsenal of jumpsuits, festival-ready frocks, and trendy spring work threads proud. Below, we’ve curated the best of the bunch, from botanical slides to suede gladiators and studded platforms. Scroll on for 14 pairs of game-changing espadrilles that will put your standard set of slip-ons to shame.
1. ASOS Taiwan Embroidered Tie Leg Espadrille Sandals ($61): Botanical embroidery is having a major moment RN, making these vibrant slides a must-have. As if the floral flair wasn’t enough to convince you of their sartorial power, the bold black and white laces and platform sole certainly will.
2. Zara Silver-Toned Leather Espadrilles ($50): You’ve never been one to believe in love at first sight — until now. Equipped with quicksilver leather and a croco-finish, this modern twist on the classic espadrille will inspire a certain amount of forever kind of love. Pair them with everyday denim or a feminine sundress FTW.
3. Solstice Espadrille Mule ($128): Espadrilles you can wear to the office? That’s these bad boys right here. Snakeskin uppers and a pointed toe lend the carefree style just enough polish to make them a prime candidate for your nine-to-five.
4. Splendid Jody Ankle Tie Espadrille ($88): Plush pale blue suede lends a look to otherwise casual espadrilles, boosting them from beach bum status to your go-to for post Easter lunch with the fam and date night with bae. Floral frocks and streamlined jumps are these steppers’ soulmates.
5. Vanessa Wu Espadrille Heels ($138): The complete package? Yeah — these embroidered beauties are kind of it. Between the comfy platform design and bright woven detailing, they’re a shoo-in for both your on- and off-duty routines.
6. Jeffrey Campbell Espadrille Gladiator Sandal ($130): Whether you’re headed to a festival or browsing a Saturday morning farmers’ market, these are the low-key kicks you want on your side. The gladiator style is guaranteed to ground your getup in Instababe territory.
7. Loeffler Randall Heloise Wrap Espadrilles ($250): Pink and red is the pairing of the season, so you won’t want to pass these dreamy two-tone espadrilles up. Packing a punch is what they do best: Let them shine by pairing with raw-edge denim and an asymmetric blouse for an impactful-yet-effortless look.
8. Michael Michael Kors Heidi Espadrille Flat ($115): Getting hitched this year? Why not slip these floral numbers under your wedding dress? Both comfy and infinitely cool, they’ll keep feet happy and looking fly as you bust a move out on the dance floor. After your “I do’s,” take ’em along on your honeymoon for beach frolicking and sipping margaritas by the sea.
9. Soludos Bi-Color Leather Strap Espadrille ($130): Minimalist muses, this one is for you. Sleek two-tone straps and a no-frills silhouette make these subtle showstoppers the perfect partners for shirt dresses and belted high-waisted shorts alike. Play up their modern glamour with geometric baubles and a negative space pedi.
10. Lynda Espadrille Slide Sandal ($100): When in doubt, put a bow on it. Your favorite slides get a warm-weather makeover with iconic braided bottoms for a standout look that can handle any event on the agenda.
11. Manebi Embroidered Espadrille Sneakers ($138): Oh, these old things? They’re the key to good vibes all season long. The bold embroidery and shimmery mirror details are just the things to cap off a killer festival or beach-bound getup — just add a crochet one-piece, cutoff shorts, and aviator shades.
12. Zara Floral Leather Espadrilles ($70): Enter the carefree kicks that allow you to channel spring’s go-with-the-flow vibes on the DL. The all-black-everything look these scene-stealers bring to the table masks their low-key feel — essential for pulling off casual pieces under the watchful eye of HR.
13. Kate Spade Daisy Too Platform Wedge Espadrille ($188): We’ll admit it — they’re a splurge. But the rainbow bright vibes these technicolor wedges bring to the table are just too good to pass up. Bring your A-game to taco Tuesday or a laid-back GNO by slipping them on with a denim shirt dress and sleek gold metal belt.
14. ASOS Jammin Studded Sandal Espadrilles ($31): While espadrilles tend to stray on the side of “sweet,” these studded wonders are straight-up bad to the bone. Toughen up a twirl-worthy mini dress or distressed white boyfriend jeans by popping them on with this don’t-mess set.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.