Every Embroidered Accessory You Need for Spring 2017
If there’s one thing you need to know about spring/summer ’17 fashion, it’s that impactful accessories are everything. A step away from the artfully understated baubles and bags that reigned supreme for fall and winter, the new season’s approach is in line with a more-is-more kind of mentality — think: ’80s-inspired patent leather, tassels, and, of course, bold embroidery. To help you stay on top of your game all season long, we’ve pulled 16 Insta-worthy options from every corner of the interwebs.
1. Free People Brocade At Ease Loafer ($128): Loafer fever is still a thing, and if you’ve yet to hop aboard the trend Instababes everywhere are obsessing over, now is most certainly the time. With their bold brocade and nonchalant silhouette, these statement steppers make the perfect partner to flouncy rompers and structured suiting alike.
2. Lizzie Fortunato Lady Passport Case ($140): Jet-setting on the agenda? Slip your passport into this artsy envelope and earn a few extra style points as you go through security. If you’re lucky, the conversation-starting embroidery on this bad boy just might distract attention away from your oversized bag.
3. Zara Embroidered Oval City Bag ($50):Hello, gorgeous. This pretty-in-pink purse is the piece your spring wardrobe has been waiting for. When you’re not frolicking in the sand — straw tote and bombshell one-piece swimsuit on hand — load this beauty up with all of your everyday swag and proceed to rack up the double taps left and right.
4. J.Crew Embroidered Crystal Earrings ($78): Statement earrings will never steer you wrong — they’re the key to transforming standard ensembles into #OOTD material. Decked out in glitzy gems and vibrant red thread, those look-at-me drops deserve a spot in your after-hours lineup.
5. BoohooPlus Jazmin Embroidered Corset Belt ($26): Slay, girl, slay. An embellished corset belt brings the sass like none other to everything from bohemian frocks to prim-and-proper blazers. For a getup that transitions flawlessly from night to day, team it with a simple tee, high-waisted jeans, and lace-up booties.
6. Tilde Straps Leather Camera Strap With Traditional Guatemalan Embroidery ($45): Whether you’re skipping off to an exotic locale or kickin’ it at your bestie’s backyard bash, a camera strap makes documenting the experience a whole lot easier. Trimmed in bright blue and turquoise embroidery, this snazzy option will keep your camera secure and in style while you snap candid pics of your crew.
7. Kate Spade Oh Hello Sun Hat ($98): Say hello to sunshine and good vibes with a playful straw topper that can kick it in the park or at the pool. For an afternoon of warm-weather shenanigans, toss it on with tassel-trimmed shorts and flatform sandals.
8. ASOS Femme Suede Embroidered Tie Leg Flat Sandals ($38): Oh, these old things? They’re just the key to the summer ensembles that will land you a place of prestige in the street style hall of fame. The lace-up detailing and folksy floral embroidery are practically begging to be paired with an off-the-shoulder blouse and twirl-worthy midi skirt for a trip to the Amalfi Coast or dinner on the terrace with bae.
9. Zero Gravity Embroidered iPhone Case ($34): Handmade in Cali, this embroidered phone case is straight-up goals as far as tech swag is concerned. Keeping your phone safe and looking fly, it’s alluring enough to warrant keeping your phone out on the regular.
10. Chan Luu Embroidered Convertible Choker Necklace ($53): This delicate detail knows how to pull a little double — or rather, triple — duty. It can be worn as a choker, anklet, or bracelet, dressing up everything from skimpy swimsuits to elegant silk dresses like a boss.
11. Fairy Cakes Fight Like a Girl Iron-on Patch ($8): Just in case anyone needs reminding, this sass-tastic patch will tell it like it is. Iron this fabulously feminist patch onto your gym bag or denim jacket for a much-needed punch of panache.
12. ASH Vanina White Sneaker ($150): No festival wardrobe is complete without at least one killer pair of sneakers in your arsenal (your feet will thank you later), and these souped-up steppers are vying for a coveted spot in your carry-on bag. Whether you’re rockin’ cutoffs and a lace-up bodysuit or a mini skirt and a ruffle-trimmed blouse, the result will be downright DDG.
13. Kayu La Plage Tote ($138): Best dressed on the beach is a shoo-in with this embroidered raffia tote in tow. Between the snappy striped handles and playful pom-poms, it’s guaranteed to turn heads the second you step onto the sand. Go the extra mile and pair it with a colorful kimono and graphic two-piece for extra style points.
14. Topshop Floral Embroidered Cap ($30): Afternoons at the ball game or long, leisurely hikes call for a practical piece of headgear that will help keep you cool without compromising your haute sense of style. Consider this tomboy staple the answer to all of your sartorial prayers with its fanciful floral details and fuss-free silhouette.
15. ASOS Tiger Embroidered Collar ($19): On-the-job ensembles don’t have to be boring. Spice up a sleeveless shift dress or classic sweater with this versatile accessory that’s about to become a regular in your rotation. Embroidered tigers bring an element of ‘tude to traditional office essentials without attracting shade from HR.
16. Steve Madden Jsimba Clutch ($75): A spring or summer fiesta without a scene-stealing clutch is practically a fashion faux pas. Show off some of that style know-how by taking this party-ready pouch along to your next al fresco event.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.