Jessica Biel IS Pregnant! Steal Her First Maternity Look
For the latest in celebrity #bumpstalking, we turn to Jessica Biel, who after stepping out last week in an uncharacteristically baggy jumpsuit (pics to prove it here!) fueled rumors surrounding her possible pregnancy with hubby Justin Timberlake. And even though the couple has yet to confirm, ‘NSYNC bandmate Joey Fatone has just spilled the beans. So starting now, we’ll obsess over the idea of a Timberbaby in 2015, put together our own shortlist of baby names (“Britney” or “Lance” didn’t make the cut, FYI) and use Jess’s latest outfit as style inspiration for hush-hush moms-to-be.
In a look we like to call cozy-girl-by-way-of-prep-school, Jessica wore her comfy onesie with a longline blazer, which proves to be the perfect sartorial tag team for (maybe) hiding the bump until you’re ready to make the announcement in a big, big way. Below we’ve picked six casual maternity jumpsuits and paired them with jackets that dress them up enough for you to step out for your daily (decaf?) coffee run and keep your barista — along with everyone else — guessing.
1. Topshop Maternity Jersey Jumpsuit ($60) + Need Supply Miller Coat ($110): Both of these garments lean a bit too casual (the jersey jumpsuit especially), but their colors transform them into super chic maternity wardrobe staples, especially when you drape that open front coat over your shoulders to distract from your mid section. Consider the power palette of olive green and camel the new black and white.
2. HATCH The Walkabout Jumpsuit ($238) + Urban Renewal Vintage French Military Coat ($79): This is how we imagine French girls to #stylethebump: with an easy cropped crew neck jumpsuit and an oversized, but still structured military-style jacket. It’s the perfect combination of tomboy sensibility and sophistication, especially with a straight-down-the-center hair part.
3. Isabella Oliver Rosliston Maternity Jumpsuit ($105) + GAP Floral Quilted Cocoon Bomber ($80): Details like the deep V neckline and tapered pants (not to mention that to die for royal blue) keep this sporty jersey jumpsuit feeling refined. Pair it with a jacket that will keep it in that sartorial sweet spot, like this cropped bomber jacket with elegant quilted detailing that keeps its shape even when it’s unzipped.
4. Tart Maternity Ines Jumpsuit ($167) + BLQ Basiq Victoria Sleeveless Coat ($138): When you want your cozy look to come off more polished, yet want more coverage than an LBD can provide, go for the black jumpsuit. Have your outerwear play into that too, with a roomy but still sleek sleeveless coat that adds a pop of color to your get up.
5. HATCH The Long Sleeve V Neck Jumpsuit ($298) + ASOS Oversize Kimono ($57): Don’t rule out denim as a way to conceal the bump: this adjustable chambray jumpsuit is as comfy as your lazy Sunday best, yet so expertly tailored. It deserves to be the showpiece (you won’t believe what the back looks like!), so slip into a flowy kimono that won’t distract too much from the design.
6. Mamalicious Sporty Jumpsuit ($76) + H&M Pilot Jacket ($50): Bring the athleisure trend to your maternity wardrobe with a jogger-style jumpsuit complete with jersey-inspired piping. Glam up the onesie with a satiny, slightly padded bomber jacket that hits well below your belly — no peek-a-boos here.
What ways have you #styledthebump to hide the good news? Tell us in the comments below.
(h/t US Weekly, featured photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)