You Will Add Julianne Hough’s Engagement Ring to Your Pinterest Board
Last week, our favorite DTWTS star and to-be Sandy of the live television production of Grease, Julianne Hough, got engaged to her hockey playing beau Brooks Laich during a lakeside family vacay. They announced their engagement through Instagram posts, which depicted a very excited Julianne looking at her (we presumed) lovely new bauble.
It’s a pretty blurry pic, but according to People, the oval stunner is over five carats and was designed by Julianne’s betrothed along with celeb jewelry designer Lorraine Schwartz. Oval stones are climbing in popularity, they’re not super common, which means it’s still a super rare option. Plus, thanks to their elongated appearance, they actually LOOK bigger for their carat weight too (hint, hint). It seems to fit the triple-threat to a T. This pic was posted on MUA and pal Riawna Capri’s Instagram.
Here are a few more glimpses of Julianne’s ring found on friend and fellow actress Nina Dobrev’s account. Hopefully, we’ll be getting a clearer pic of the sparkler soon, but in the meantime, here are a couple of oval engagement ring options that will inspire your own ring.
1. Oval White Sapphire and Diamond Engagement Ring ($1350): This lovely piece comes from Studio 1040 and features a white sapphire center stone that is absolutely gorgeous. Plus, you really can’t beat that price.
2. Oval Rosette Ring ($9500): This sparkly piece set the oval stone on its side for a wholly unique look. It also features an interesting take on the traditional halo.
3. Oval Old Mine Cut Solitaire ($10000): This ring is simple yet so classic. The old mine stone is exquisite and doesn’t really need any side stones to be a total knockout.
4. The Oval Diamond Christine Ring (starting at $15000): This Melissa Perry ring is a for-sure head-turner. Select your own stone to complement this setting.
5. Love of My Life Diamond Engagement Ring ($16300): This design comes from indie fine jewelry designer Cathy Waterman and is inspired by nature. It’s GORGEOUS, and yes, you will be fielding questions of “Who designed that?” forever.
What do you think of Julianne’s engagement ring? Tell us in the comments below!