Behold the Little Red Dress: 20 Picture-Perfect Frocks for Valentine’s Day
We’re kicking off Valentine’s season with a natural place to start: the perfect outfit! While we love us a little black dress, there’s something undeniably fierce about the perfect little red number, especially when it comes to a season dedicated to love. To get you in the spirit, here are 20 picture-perfect frocks for February 14th. And, you can go ahead and bookmark this for any time of year — because love-inspired fashion is appropriate in every season ;)
1. Maraschino Lace Dress ($228): We’ll kick it off with this beautiful patterned shift from Anthropologie. We love the timelessness of this dress, and the scalloped hem echoes the pattern of the dress perfectly.
2. Midi Dress ($84): For a less traditional length, we’re digging the elegant drape of this midi option.
3. Glamorous Swing Shirt Dress ($32): There’s just something so smokin’ about a glamorous gal in a shirt dress, don’t you think? It’s effortless fashion at its finest.
4. Melusine Dress ($178): Of course, you can go for a classic romantic look with this lacy number. We think a modern day Lady Mary would definitely approve.
5. Theory Lyall Dress ($295): The modern shape of this isn’t for every body type, but we’re into this as an alternative to the more classically shaped number.
6. Sleeveless Peplum Dress ($24): Enhance those curves with a little pop of peplum!
7. Tea Dress with Cut Out Back ($36): This vintage-inspired option gets its sexiness from that hot cut out back. It’s demure and daring all at the same time.
8. Jersey Cap Sleeve Tunic Dress ($27): A relative of the shirt dress, this jersey t-shirt dress is good for any Valentine’s Day celebration.
9. Silky Scallop Hem Dress ($59): We seriously love how the scalloped hem on this dress matches the scalloped edging on the back panels.
10. Foliage Lace Dress ($138): Is there something ’90s about this, or is it just that we’re obsessed with the ’90s? I mean, just imagine this paired with some black lace-up Doc Martens. Classic.
12. Standout Fit & Flare Dress ($33): This sweet option is a great basic for any time of year, and could be easily layered with a cropped jacket, cardigan, or flowing scarf.
14. Beaded Fringe Dress ($195): A hybrid of the little black dress and a little red one, this spirited piece of sparkle is definitely on our wish list.
15. Shift Dress with Asymmetric Hem ($69): Go for a little asymmetry this Valentine’s Day.
16. Mara Hoffman Scoop Back Dress ($134): This might be on the more pink end of the spectrum, but we couldn’t resist including it on our list.
17. Carol Trimmed Dress ($35): Pair this with a smoky eye and statement necklace, and you’re hot to trot.
18. Ashby Dress ($448): This splurge is a great option for a Valentine’s Dinner in colder climates.
19. Geojacquard Dress ($168): This dress is… gorgeous! We love the bell shape of the skirt portion, and the exposed zipper on the back.
20. Ruffle-Top Romper ($69): And finally, a little red dress that is not a dress at all! ;)
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!