Cue the fun in the sun: Memorial Day weekend is almost here. Can we get an amen? Now that you’ve got your plans squared away — and have uncovered the quintessential weekend bag — it’s time to get packing. Nothing says stress-free holiday weekend planning like having a lineup of foolproof #OOTDs on the ready. We’ve done the work for you; keep scrolling for five top-notch MDW outfit ideas that are guaranteed to shine.
1. Pool Party: Make a splash (literally) at the biggest pool party of the season with a statement-making one-piece that does all the slaying for you. (This cobalt blue stunner from Ban.do gets our vote.) Throw in a scene-stealing pair of color-block pool slides, a playful straw tote, and some retro-glam sunnies for a getup that says “out of the office until further notice, TYVM.”
Ban.do x Private Party Pool Party Swimsuit in Cobalt ($99), Katy Perry The Fifi ($59), Carla Colour Barton Flesh + Haze ($194), Kayu La Plage Tote ($138), Las Bayadas La Lucia Towel ($45)
2. Wedding Weekend: Whether you’re a bridesmaid, maid of honor, or attendee, a flirty day dress that turns heads will always do you right. Between the golden yellow hue and frilly ruffles, this Grecian-inspired maxi delivers no shortage of Drama (with a capital D). Throw in a tassel sunhat (which can be worn like a backpack, BTW), an of-the-moment bamboo clutch, and strappy bronze sandals for the wedding lewk of the season.
& Other Stories Frill Dress ($115), Kate Spade Tassel Backpack Sunhat ($168), Charlotte Stone Petra Bronze ($245), & Other Stories Round Sunglasses ($39), Cult Gaia Small Bamboo Ark Bag ($125), Zara Multicoloured Pom-Pom Earrings ($16)
3. Vineyard: Ah yes. As you pretend you’re a high-profile celeb sipping vino in Napa Valley, a ceaselessly chic getup is absolutely in order. To ensure that you’re cool and collected, we recommend a slew of easy-going separates that won’t leave you dying from the heat. Exhibit A: Not only is this airy top with shoulder tie straps the definition of sweet summertime fun, but it pairs exquisitely with vintage denim cutoffs and a straw Panama hat. Let your celestial-inspired ankle wrap sandals be the star of the show — give or take a long-lasting red lip stain.
Scotch & Soda Tie-Up Top ($98), Re/Done High Rise Short ($204), Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Crème in Oh Miley 200 ($30), Madewell x Biltmore Panama Hat ($58), Loeffler Randall Starla Ankle Wrap Sandal ($195)
4. Hamptons/Montauk Getaway: A stint in the Hamptons or Montauk calls for a #navyornothing uniform that transitions from day to night with minimal effort. We call dibs on this navy blue playsuit that can be elevated with a few simple accessories — namely, a sunny yellow striped convertible clutch, a straw hat, and sophisticated bauble drop earrings. Whether you’re soaking up rays on a yacht or sipping fruity umbrella drinks at the beach house, a pair of sensible lace-up wedges will ensure a blister-free weekend.
Topshop Poplin Tie Waist Playsuit ($75), Sam Edelman Bailey Convertible Clutch ($128), J.Crew Straw Hat With Pom-Poms ($50), Castaner Fringed Canvas Wedges ($155), Club Monaco Bauble Stripe Earring ($50)
5. Backyard BBQ:Alright, alright. There’s nothing like a backyard BBQ with family and friends to kick off the unofficial start of summer. Keep things on the DL with some off-duty shortalls, a laid-back t-shirt, and a hands-free saddle bag with festi-cool flair. What else? Best believe a tomboy-inspired baseball cap (worn backwards, of course) and some OMG-worthy embroidered beach motif trainers will have you feeling like the Queen of Cool.
What do your Memorial Day Weekend plans entail? Follow us on Pinterest for more summer style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.