The Best Luggage for Memorial Day Weekend Trips, According to Your Destination
Summer technically starts on June 21, if you’re going by the sun and the planets and all that science jazz. But we all know Memorial Day weekend is officially the unofficial start to the season, bringing with it cookouts, beach parties, swimming pools, and all that good stuff. Then there’s the actual traveling-to-your-destination part. Traffic and airport delays may be slightly torturous and inevitable, but it’s always worth it once you reach your vacay venue. The best way to start your trip off right? A super stylish weekender bag, of course. You’ll want something that channels that vacation vibe, looks as cute as everything you’ve packed inside it, and keeps you motivated when you’re navigating through all that travel turmoil. Below, seven weekenders (for every destination) that will have you holiday-ready like that.
1. If you’re taking a quickie trip to Mexico, a festive-style, textured carryall like this Figue Sangita Weekend Bag ($350) hits just the right note. Tassels are a major trend this season; plus, you’ll get to keep that vacation mojo all summer long.
2. This rustic floral LeSportsac Large Weekender ($150) is a collab with everyone’s design obsession, Rifle Paper Co. We’re getting all the Southern charm from this one — someone get us a sweet tea!
3. Heading to the sailing capital for some ocean air? Get your preppy/nautical on with this Tory Burch Embroidered-T Weekender ($350).
4. If you’re going to stroll around the fashion mecca, who better to bring along than the icon himself? This cheeky Karl Lagerfeld Women’s K/Jet Weekender Bag ($416) will give you that jet-set glam feeling. C’est chic.
5. Heading to an exotic locale for a yoga retreat? Get in the zen zone with this Cleobella Celia Weekender ($398).
Palm Springs, CA
6. Give us all the retro palm tree prints. Or at least just this Herschel Supply Co. Novel Duffel Bag ($85). It’s the stuff California dreams are made of.
7. The host city of Art Basel loves a good splash, or splatter, of color. With a white-hot background featuring metallic accents like this Free People Rainbow Weekender ($268)? Even better.
Want more travel style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.