5 Reasons ModCloth’s San Francisco Pop-Up Shop Is Worth Checking Out
ModCloth has always been our go-to online retailer for quirky, vintage-inspired clothing and accessories, but this month, fans (like us!) in San Francisco get a chance to shop the brand IRL. The pop-up shop, called ModCloth Fit Shop, is packed with ladylike clothes for every occasion (and in a full range of sizes), unique accessories and cute home decor — everything you’d expect from ModCloth — but it has a special vibe about it (come on, you think a brand famous for its truly amazing + inspiring campaigns would leave it at that?)
From its expert staff of ModStylists helping you find your perfect fit to the store decor that serves as major DIY inspiration, one thing’s for sure: this isn’t your average clothing store. Scroll through for a sneak peek into the ModCloth Fit Shop’s doors, which are open here in SF through August 17.
1. Get a first look at ModCloth’s own fashion line: The coolest opportunity the pop-up shop offers is a first-hand look of ModCloth’s debut signature clothing line, complete with their own one-of-a-kind prints. Naturally, they’re a nifty-meets-nerdy mix of eye-catching patterns, like this fall forest that looks more like a wash of autumnal watercolor hues from far away. The pieces range from structured dresses that easily translate from the office to date night, beautiful separates like blouses with sweet details and skirts (with pockets!!) and some structured, army-inspired jackets. Beyond that, you’ll find cozier finds, like a jersey sharkbite hem tank and a plaid cardigan you’ll want to wrap yourself up and get lost in.
2. Get an expert fit + styling experience like no other: There’s nothing like having *someone else* dream up ideal looks for you — why can’t we all have our own personal stylists?! At the ModCloth Fit Shop, you’ll receive complimentary styling tips and sizing sessions from a ModStylists so you can step out looking like a lady. Once you find your ideal outfit, you can bid adieu to annoying shopping bags you’re typically forced to carry with you all day from time of purchase till you plop down on your couch. All clothing purchases are shipped to your door in two days. For free. BOOM.
3. It’s pretty much cute overload: Can’t get enough of all things cutesy? Then this pop-up shop was made for you. Be prepared to feast your eyes on an array of funky cat-themed items, statement throw pillows, next-level slogan totes and other fun essentials. I was obsessed with a travel organizer they carried; it had a cute airplane theme, padded envelope-like spot for your ID, credit cards, passport, airline, hotel + rental car tickets to live, all in one place. Fellow organization lovers: You will not be disappointed, trust me!
4. There’s DIYable decor inspo like WHOA: The ModCloth Fit Shop is decked out in decor that provides instant DIY inspo from the second you walk in the door. From showcasing pics of shoppers’ styled looks on DIY dyed clothespin hangers to featuring boho-y yarn wall art, you can totally geek out — creative style — with all the decor they’ve got going on. What’s better than being creatively inspired while shopping?
5. The opportunity to kick it with an incredible pug: It’s hard not to appreciate an old dog, especially those of the pug variety — even more so when it’s ModCloth founder Susan Gregg Koger’s pug. Her little old man acted as the shop’s resident canine mascot, making his pug presence known throughout the time we were there with audible + adorable snorts. Yes, this is a real reason to check out the shop ;)
What are your favorite ModCloth looks + styles? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
(Featured photo via ModCloth)