Go With the Flow: 10 Modern Ways to Wear Silk
The consensus is: silk is the most luxe-looking fabric around. Whether it’s the effortless way it flows or the striking sheen that gets your goat, we’re firm believers that it’s worth shoveling out the dough for silky pieces that will act as wardrobe staples for years to come. From super soft camis to dreamy shirt dresses, check out these 10 modern ways to wear silk, chiffon and other fabulously flowy fabrics.
1. Lucca Silk Sweater Dress ($168): Talk about effortless beauty. The pullover design, the relaxed, sweater dress cut, those pockets! This silk sweater dress is everything.
2. Scalloped Lila Cami ($34): Restocking your wardrobe basics for the new year? This silky scalloped-edge cami is a must-have. It looks just as elegant holding its own as it does peeking from under a boxy, cropped jacket.
3. Judy Tunic ($124): This military-inspired dress is anything but rough and tough. A deep khaki green makes the silky sheen look super luxe.
4. Equipment Slim Signature Two Pocket Shirt in Eiffel Tower Print Silk ($350): Stocking up on silk—or silky—blouses is a no-brainer way to add effortless elegance to your wardrobe. And since there are endless options out there, we didn’t just want to pick any old shirt to highlight in this 10 item roundup. So we chose to share what we’re hardcore swooning after: our ultimate silk blouse. Behold: this sapphire collared button up in a playful Eiffel Tower print. You will be mine. Oh yes, you will be mine.
5. Polka Dot Chiffon Single-Layer Full Length Skirt ($46): A polka dot chiffon skirt? Now that’s something we can get behind! Rock this sheer piece with a long-sleeved body suit and opaque tights, or layer it on top of a mini skirt and knee-high socks. If sheer style isn’t your thing, grab this double-layered version.
6. Winter Kate Silk Crepe Kimono ($162): This spring, ditch the blazer for its exotic twin: the kimono. With flowy sleeves and a cape-like front tie, this versatile cover up will definitely make you the envy of the office.
7. Leopard Silk Romper ($378): Now here’s a real head-turner: a silk jumpsuit in leopard print. Now don’t go scrolling away so fast—it obviously looks a heck of a lot classier than it sounds. The cream color silk and minuscule print make this one-piece exquisitely tasteful.
8. Tipped Silk Tee ($88): Alright, we’re back to basics again with this stretch silk tee. We love the modern mix of high class fabric with sporty contrast trim in both colors.
9. Alexa Silk Pant ($264): Can you think of anything more luxurious than sporting a pair of silk trousers? Pair with smoking loafers and a faux fur vest to glam out to the max! (Go on, live it up!)
10. Box Swing Dress in Amoeba ($228): Here’s another patterned piece we’re dying to call our own. Not only are we nuts about the cut and the boss geo-blob print, we’re also going ga-ga for that shade of grey.
Do you dish out for super silk pieces? Tell us how you splurge for style in the comments below!