Morning Buzz! Amy Schumer Responds to the Backlash Over Her Formation Parody + More
From a near-naked response to haters to your first Fuller House look, check out six of today’s top news items below.
1. O…kay? Amy Schumer’s recent “Formation” parody landed her in some hot water, even causing people to start an #AmySchumerGottaGoParty on Twitter. The comedian has indirectly responded by posting a near-nude black and white photo on Instagram accompanied by the caption, “You know you that b***h when you cause all this conversation. Thanks for the exclusive release Tidal! We had so much fun making this tribute. All love and women inspiring each other.#strongertogether.” Amy seems to be good at tuning out criticisms, so we’re guessing this might be the last we hear from her on the topic.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Fuller House (@fullerhouse) on
2. Your first look at Fuller House‘s second season will give you all the holiday feels! The December 9 release date of Fuller House season two is but mere weeks away, and we’re finally getting a first look at what to expect from the Netflix series. In a series of pics posted to the show’s Instagram, we see glimpses of Halloween, Thanksgiving and, of course Christmas, and TBH they’re all leaving us feeling super warm and fuzzy. We can’t wait for this one.
3. Taylor Swift’s album anniversary throwback is majorly inspirational. It feels like we don’t even know a life without Taylor Swift anymore, so it’s hard to believe that it’s been 10 years she she took over the country music world with her first album. Her transformation over even the past few years has been huge, so this photo she posted of a wee teen Taylor hunkering down over an acoustic guitar is adorable to look back on. “10 years ago today, my first album came out,” she wrote. “I couldn’t be more grateful today, thinking back on how much fun we’ve had and how you’ve encouraged me to change and grow. It’s been such an adventure, guys. Thank you for all of it.” No, thank YOU for all the music, Tay.
4. Kourtney Kardashian threw an EPIC Monday night Halloween dinner for her #girlsquad. And the star of the show? Penelope, of course! The little cutie was dressed like the Bride of Frankenstein, while Kourt entertained her besties with some amazingly creepy decor as well as an amazing-looking snack spread. “Such an amazing night!! I’m so lucky to have the best friends to celebrate life with,” she wrote on Twitter. We’d say that goes both ways!
— Amer Acad Pediatrics (@AmerAcadPeds) October 24, 2016
5. This new American Academy of Pediatrics study might change your baby’s bedtime routine. In the latest information on SIDS from the AAP, it is recommended that infants sleep in the same room with their parent/s for at least six months, or ideally, at least a full year. They advise the baby sleeps on a separate and firm surface, like a bassinet or crib. “We know that parents may be overwhelmed with a new baby in the home, and we want to provide them with clear and simple guidance on how and where to put their infant to sleep,” Dr. Rachel Moon said in a statement. “Parents should never place the baby on a sofa, couch or cushioned chair, either alone or sleeping with another person. We know that these surfaces are extremely hazardous.”
6. Quote of the day: “Well, @realDonaldTrump, at least I will go down as a president.” Barack Obama responds to a Donald Trump tweet that reads “President Obama will go down as perhaps the worst president in the history of the United States!” on an installment of Jimmy Kimmel’s Mean Tweets segment. Then he mic-dropped the phone, like a boss.
Will you still pay attention to what Barack Obama does when he’s out of the White House? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Jemal Countess/Getty)