Morning Buzz! Gigi Hadid SLAYS on Lip Sync Battle and 5 More Things You Need to Know This AM
TGIF, amirite? It’s Friday morning guys, and the only thing standing between you and your weekend is one more work day (woohoo!). In order to get your morning off to the right start, here are five pieces of buzzing news to dish with your co-workers over the water cooler.
1. Gigi Hadid brought the Backstreet Boys with her to Lip Sync Battle. The supermodel faced off with Teen Wolf star Tyler Posey on Spike’s Lip Sync Battle yesterday, and she brought a couple of famous friends with her. Gigi, clad in a skin-tight leather jumpsuit, chose to do The Backstreet Boys’ “Large Than Life,” and for the finale of the song, brought the boy band onstage in, wait for it… pods. Catch the whole clip above. Plus, catch Tyler Posey’s impressive rendition of A-Ha’s “Take On Me.”
2. Happy anniversary to Giselle Bündchen and Tom Brady! The really, really ridiculously good-looking couple celebrate their seventh wedding anniversary today. To think, seven lovely years, one stringent diet and two adorable children — and all of it stemming from a blind date. Yep, the famous couple was set up before they tied the knot in Costa Rica three years later. Happy anniversary, Giselle and Tom! (h/t E Online, photo via Andrew H. Walker/Getty)
3. Uh-oh, Touch ID might not be as safe as you thought. These days, thanks to fingerprint scanning, locking your iPhone, downloading an app or even sending a payment can be a breeze with the touch of a finger. And up until this point, you probably thought it was foolproof and secure — I mean, even financial institutions use it! However, this video shows that a little bit of Play-Doh with your fingerprint imprinted on it is a pretty effective way to hack Touch ID. Yikes! Be careful. (h/t Tech Radar)
4. Kids reading to shelter dogs is the sweetest thing you’ll see today. The Humane Society of Missouri has a new program called Shelter Buddies Reading Program that allows kids to read to pups. You might be wondering why that’s even a thing, but the idea is to help socialize shy dogs in the hopes of improving their chances for adoption. Aww. Plus, it makes for some truly adorable Kodak moments. (h/t Mashable)
5. Um… so Macbook selfie sticks are a thing now. Where there is demand, there will be supply. Where there is NO demand, there is still sometimes supply. Luckily, these gadgets aren’t suddenly going to pop up everywhere — rather, they’re part of a photo series by a group of artists who have done tech art before. What’s truly impressive is how strong that stick must be to hold up a 3.48-pound Macbook Pro. (h/t Mashable, photo via Macbook Selfie Stick)
6. Quote of The Day: “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” — Carl Bard
What are you buzzing about this morning? Tweet us @BritandCo with the scoop.