Some racy Kylie shots and a Standing Rock celebration lead this morning’s top news stories. Kick your week off with a Buzz by reading those and more below.
1. Kylie Jenner took to Snapchat on Sunday night to give a sneak preview of her upcoming 2017 calendar, featuring all-new photos by controversial photographer Terry Richardson. The cover shows Kylie in a black lace bra and crown, and the back photo shows Kylie lying on her stomach with a boa constrictor on her. NOPE. She gave one more preview of the month April, where she’s wearing black underwear and a fishnet bodysuit with a shirt that says “Please Insert Money.” The Official Kylie Jenner 2017 calendar will be available on KylieJennerShop.com on December 10 — and we’re sure it’ll sell out immediately.
2. Alec Baldwin told Donald Trump he’d stop impersonating him if he released his tax returns. Trump had some issues with Alec’s portrayal of the President Elect on this weekend’s SNL, and of course took to Twitter to call it “unwatchable” and “sad.” Alec replied and said if Trump released his tax returns, he’d stop doing the impression, and added a “Ha.” Oh boy.
3. The Oakland fire death toll has risen to 33. A tragic fire that happened at a DIY warehouse venue in Oakland, California, has now claimed 33 lives, as authorities continue recovery efforts 24/7. The fire has hit particularly close to home, as the Sheriff’s Office confirmed that one of their deputy’s sons was a victim of the fire. Many of the victims are believed to be local artists and musicians, and one of them was confirmed to be only 17 years old.
4. The Walking Dead‘s Steven Yeun got married! That’s right, Glenn is officially off the market after tying the knot with his longtime girlfriend, professional photographer Joana Pak. The two wed in a ceremony at Paramour Estate in LA on Saturday, where lots of his Walking Dead costars such as Norman Reedus, Andrew Lincoln and many more were in attendance. Congrats to the happy couple!
5. This photo of the Dakota Access Pipeline protest site last night perfectly captures how we all feel. It was announced Sunday afternoon that the pipeline would not move forward with its existing plans, and the protest site lit up in a celebration of fireworks last night. Sniff.
6. Quote of the day: “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” Albert Einstein knows just what to say for some #MondayMotivation.
How are you staying motivated this week? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @kyliejenner)