Morning Buzz! Kylie Jenner Reveals Racy Pics from Her New Calendar Shot by a Controversial Photographer + More
Some racy Kylie shots and a Standing Rock celebration lead this morning’s top news stories. Kick your week off with a Buzz by reading those and more below.
1. Kylie Jenner took to Snapchat on Sunday night to give a sneak preview of her upcoming 2017 calendar, featuring all-new photos by controversial photographer Terry Richardson. The cover shows Kylie in a black lace bra and crown, and the back photo shows Kylie lying on her stomach with a boa constrictor on her. NOPE. She gave one more preview of the month April, where she’s wearing black underwear and a fishnet bodysuit with a shirt that says “Please Insert Money.” The Official Kylie Jenner 2017 calendar will be available on KylieJennerShop.com on December 10 — and we’re sure it’ll sell out immediately.
Release your tax returns and I'll stop.
— ABFoundation (@ABFalecbaldwin) December 4, 2016
2. Alec Baldwin told Donald Trump he’d stop impersonating him if he released his tax returns. Trump had some issues with Alec’s portrayal of the President Elect on this weekend’s SNL, and of course took to Twitter to call it “unwatchable” and “sad.” Alec replied and said if Trump released his tax returns, he’d stop doing the impression, and added a “Ha.” Oh boy.
Oakland warehouse fire update:
– Death toll has risen to 33
– Fire crews have searched 35 to 40% of the building
– 24/7 recovery operation pic.twitter.com/IFuNklW4oh
— BuzzFeed News (@BuzzFeedNews) December 4, 2016
3. The Oakland fire death toll has risen to 33. A tragic fire that happened at a DIY warehouse venue in Oakland, California, has now claimed 33 lives, as authorities continue recovery efforts 24/7. The fire has hit particularly close to home, as the Sheriff’s Office confirmed that one of their deputy’s sons was a victim of the fire. Many of the victims are believed to be local artists and musicians, and one of them was confirmed to be only 17 years old.
View this post on Instagram
Getting to celebrate the love between these two, last night, along with all their friends and family was so beautiful and special!! This whole week has been an awesome, family-filled, fun time and it's been so great! (We've also gained a brother in-law from it!) #loveyouguys #pakpack
A post shared by Kayce Pak (@thepakpack) on
4. The Walking Dead‘s Steven Yeun got married! That’s right, Glenn is officially off the market after tying the knot with his longtime girlfriend, professional photographer Joana Pak. The two wed in a ceremony at Paramour Estate in LA on Saturday, where lots of his Walking Dead costars such as Norman Reedus, Andrew Lincoln and many more were in attendance. Congrats to the happy couple!
5. This photo of the Dakota Access Pipeline protest site last night perfectly captures how we all feel. It was announced Sunday afternoon that the pipeline would not move forward with its existing plans, and the protest site lit up in a celebration of fireworks last night. Sniff.
6. Quote of the day: “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” Albert Einstein knows just what to say for some #MondayMotivation.
How are you staying motivated this week? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @kyliejenner)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)