What to give the woman who gave you everything? Forget lavish gifts or ritzy restaurants and give mom something she’ll really appreciate: quality time with her kids and something handmade. Or, in this case, something hand-styled! Mother’s Day is the perfect time to whip out your coolest cocktails, tastiest menus and classiest hosting skills to show your mom just how much she means. Looking for some extra wow-factor? Check out our favorite ideas for a Mother’s Day tablescape and prepare to impress.
1. Gold Sequins + Bright Florals: There’s really nothing like a little sparkle to take your brunch table to the next level. We are especially loving these gold DIY placemats and stitched napkins. (via Sugar and Cloth)
2. A Berry Colorful Brunch: We think mom would definitely approve of these cute individual berry baskets. And don’t they just look adorable paired with colorful china and brightly colored napkins? (via Style Me Pretty)
4. Macaron and Rosé Fête: Oh la la! We can’t think of anything better to make moms swoon than a touch of Parisian charm. A pile of perfect macarons and pink bubbles feels luxurious and extravagant — just what mom deserves. (via Fashionable Hostess)
6. Gingham Style: Time to pattern play, gingham-style. Mix and match checks, stripes, florals and dots in various shades of blue for a quirky look that still feels tied-together. Use lush vases of wildflowers to add a pop of contrasting color. (via Grace Happens)
7. Pretty Placemats: We feel happy just looking at these colorful printed placemats, and we’re sure your mom will too. Never be afraid to go crazy with color. Just use neutral plates and napkins to anchor the look while adding fun touches like bright napkin rings and playful candy party favors. (via Fashionable Hostess)
9. Photo Place Settings: Moms will love this personal DIY touch. Send her straight down memory lane by using a childhood photo for each guests’ name card. Bonus points if you can find pictures that include her too. (via Sugar and Charm)
10. Breakfast in Bed: Give mom the ultimate treat with a good old-fashioned breakfast in bed or a tray at her favorite sitting area. Don’t forget a few family-style baskets of pastries or other morning treats so you and your sibs can join her. After all, she really just wants time with you! (via Donal Skehan)
11. Simple and Sweet: Your decor doesn’t need to be elaborate to make mom feel special. Simple touches like fun napkins, name cards and fresh foliage go a long way to upgrade an otherwise ho-hum table. (via Glitter Guide)
12. Pastels + Polka Dots: This casual brunch theme is centered around a color palette of spring melon hues. Moms will love the confetti print — it’s actually made with kiddo’s fingerprints! (via The Tomkat Studio)
We’ve shared our inspiration. Now we want to hear from you! What are your favorite ways to celebrate mom? Tell us in the comments below.