There’s no better time to treat yourself than when you’re pregnant. It’s a good time to reconnect with your own self-care routine and discover a new beauty product or two. It may be just the thing to help you slash the overall feeling of exhaustion and puffiness as your pregnancy wears on. To get you started, here are eight products to take you through all nine months and beyond.
1. Lush Therapy Bar ($13): A little daily self-care goes a long way when you’re pregnant. Use this massage bar to work a combination of organic shea and cocoa butter into your belly, hips, legs, and anywhere else you want to feel smooth and relaxed. Fun fact: The design on the bar is made to represent the one in four babies that are born with an outie belly button!
2. True Botanicals Hydrating Cleanser ($48): Hormones can do funky things to your skin, which means breakouts are a pretty common side effect of pregnancy. To keep your face glowing all nine months, wash up with a hydrating cleanser that’s formulated to tame your complexion with ingredients you can feel good about.
3. Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil ($29): Kate Middleton uses this luxurious-but-affordable oil, and so can you. The beauty award winner can be used on your face as a rich moisturizer or post-pregnancy for fading any stretch marks. Bonus: It smells amazing too!
4. Mama Mio Lucky Legs Cooling and Energising Leg Gel ($21): Do you have a bit of a cankle situation happening? Or are your legs and feet starting to get that creepy-crawly restless feeling? Then it may be time to treat yourself to a cooling gel that’s earned a cult following of expectant moms. This light serum is packed full of plant oils and spearmint to help cool and de-puff tired legs and feet.
5. Origins Ginger Gloss Smoothing Body Oil ($24): If the first trimester is leaving you feeling a little queasy, spritz this ginger-scented oil over slightly damp skin when you get out of the shower. The aroma is calming for upset tummies, and the moisturizing body oil will leave you feeling like you put a little more effort into getting ready (even though you really didn’t).
6. Bio-Oil Multiuse Skincare Oil ($12+): When your belly begins to grow, you might start to feel a little itchy as your skin stretches over your bump. Smooth this body oil over your belly in the morning and evening to help alleviate itchiness and to combat or minimize the appearance of stretch marks.
7. RMS Beauty Nail Polish ($15): Feeling like you need a little beauty pick-me-up? Treat yourself to an in-home mani/pedi to kick things up a notch. RMS nail polish offers a range of classic hues to keep your nail game strong without exposing your skin to harmful chemicals.
8. W3ll People Bio Bronzer Stick ($29): When you’re tired, swollen, and generally not feeling your makeup routine, it’s time to simplify. A little tinted moisturizer, some mascara, and a couple of swipes of this toxin-free bronzer stick will have you looking fresh in five minutes flat.
What beauty products are you loving in your pregnancy RN? Let us know @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.