You Deserve to Truly Treat Yo’ Self and Here Are 20 Ways to Do It
Three words for you: Treat. Yo’. Self. The television show Parks and Recreation ignited a new yearly tradition that we are fully subscribed to: Treat Yo’ Self Day, honored every October 13. It’s the best day of the year and the perfect excuse to dip into our savings and spend on extravagant items like cashmere, velvet, fine leather goods, and massages that we deserve. Maybe your bank account isn’t as baller as Donna’s, but there are still ways to treat yourself to luxury. Here are 20 affordable and decadent ways for you to treat yo’ self today and every day.
1. MailboxHappiness Treat Yo’ Self Balloon Set ($26+): If you’re planning to go full-throttle, grab these balloons for your office, home, or wherever you decide to celebrate Treat Yo’ Self Day.
2. Just Orchids Fresh Flowers ($23): Because you always want to receive flowers but the goons in your life never seem to remember to send them. Now that Amazon is offering flower delivery services, the cost isn’t much more than picking flowers up at your local shop (and the payoff of delivery is way more exciting).
3. Parker Clay Entoto Zip Tote ($225): Fine leather goods. Check.
4. Belmint Shiatsu Heated Foot Massager ($200): Meet your new best friend. She’s a high-powered, heated foot massager who supports your ever-growing high heels collection.
5. Nordstrom Artist’s Landscape Cashmere & Silk Scarf ($99): Turn yourself into an actual cashmere and velvet candy cane.
6. NV Michel Turgy Champagne Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru ($50): Skip the corner store wine selection. This club is made up of professional sippers who taste 20,000 wines each year and only select the top 40 to deliver straight to you. Treat yo’ self to a bottle of Champagne, because any time is a good time for bubbles. (Photo via Getty)
7. Wellerly LED Illuminated Selfie Phone Case ($40): Selfie to your heart’s content, even in dim lighting.
8. SK-II Facial Treatment Mask ($135): Maybe a friend recommended this facial mask because it actually works. You’ve been eyeing this, added it to your wishlist, Pinned it. Now’s the time. Add to cart.
9. TheFoxyHipster Treat Yo’ Self Mug ($14): Give yourself a daily reminder that treat yo’ self isn’t just a day, it’s a way of life. This mug is also an acceptable receptacle for rosé.
10. Finishing Touch Painless Hair Remover ($20): With 2,000 five-star reviews on Amazon, why haven’t you treated yourself to this must-have?
11. La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Sleep Mask ($345): Celebs like Jamie King spread this caviar-infused concoction on their faces, and if it’s good enough for A-listers, it’s good enough for you too.
12. Bose Soundlink Micro Bluetooth Speaker ($109): Don’t let anything get in between you and listening to Taylor Swift’s new album on repeat with this tiny, take-it-with-you-anywhere, powerful speaker.
13. DrawYourPortrait Black and White Portrait of Yourself ($17): You’re gorgeous. You’re a work of art. Flaunt it by ordering a black and white portrait of your favorite photo of yourself.
14. UGG Aira Slippers ($70+): Velvet slippies? Check. Well, in this case, cozy sherpa slippers you’ll never want to take off.
15. FancifyMe Classical Artwork Self Portrait ($15): Ordering a masterpiece portrait of yourself dressed in fancy attire might feel weird on any other day. But today, it just feels right.
16. Rolencos Hair Scalp Brush Shampoo Massager ($17): If you can’t afford to splurge on a spa day, instead, invest in a scalp massage you can enjoy every time you wash your hair. According to the Amazon reviews, this contraption promises relaxation and luxury.
17. Italian Luxury Satin Bed Sheets ($25): You may or may not use these as your everyday bedding, but silky sheets are a great way to add a bit of luxury for weeks in between laundry.
18. West Elm Organic Watercolor Fern Sateen Duvet Cover ($109+): Embrace those lazy Sunday mornings in bed by lounging under this organic, 400-thread-count sateen duvet cover. The fern print is so gorgeous that you won’t even feel bad about staying inside.
19. Fujifilm Instax Instant Camera ($69): Capture your special day, old-school style, using a colorful camera and film. Conduct a photo shoot while draped in all of your new luxurious goods.
20. Himalayan Salt Lamp ($60): This will transform your room into a sanctuary.
What are ways that you love to treat yo’ self? Let us know @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Scene: It's a few days before Thanksgiving and you've just found out you're hosting your pod's Friendsgiving, kids and all — help! Well, you've come to the right place because together with Camp by Walmart, we're showing you how to put together a beautiful DIY Thanksgiving tablescape in a few easy-to-recreate steps. Even the kids can get in on the fun as you learn how to design pumpkin-printed placemats or a glittering table runner in this choose-your-own-adventure crafting video. Head on over to Camp by Walmart to watch it now.