Nate Berkus’s New Target Collection Will Have You Pining for Summer
He’s done it again! After whetting our appetite this winter with a Nate Berkus home tour, (accented with just the right amount of gold), Nate Berkus finally has a home goods line just as swoon-worthy as his charming Manhattan abode. These summery looks are perfect for transforming your apartment into the ultimate safari party, with embroidered patterns, painted pottery and a fun dose of wildlife figurines (all with a handy-dandy function, of course!). So after you slay all your spring cleaning hacks and the dust finally settles, look to Target’s collab with the crazy talented interior designer to totally revamp your summer home.
1. Giraffe Desk Magnet ($11) and Bird Tape Dispenser ($14): We told you there’d be figurines. Decorate your home office or cubicle with a sweet touch of safari charm. But don’t be fooled — these functional wildlife statues aren’t just for looks.
2. Handled Brass Vase ($25): Make a statement beyond those beautiful blooms. Add this geometric detailed vase to your foyer or dining room table for a look that’s as impactful as it is elegant.
3. Pottery Tea Light ($5 each): Who can resist the handmade appeal of these painted tea lights? Prep for a summer filled with barbecues and patio parties with these festive tea lights.
4. Assorted Desk Accessories ($8): Add a bit of bling to your boring old desk with a hammered metallic pencil holder and gilded measuring tape. Just remember that less is more when it comes to decorating with gold.
5. Tasseled Seagrass Basket ($30): Even pretty pillows get a fancy place to live. Store your extra linens, pillows or magazines in this chic wicker basket for some relaxed, beach-house vibes.
6. Desk Clock ($15): Keep time in style with this sweet and shiny work table clock. It will add modern edge to your minimalist work space.
7. Etched Wood Table ($90): This gorgeous, multi-functional side table belongs in every grown-up living space. Add a natural element to your decor scheme with this simple, sturdy etched wood piece.
8. Yarn Dyed Throw ($30): Cozy up in the warmer months with a light summer throw. This blanket is perfect for those nights where you really just wanna Netflix and… gorge yourself with ice cream.
9. Letter Opener ($8): Forget emails — this snazzy tool will have you pining for snail mail. Turn a long-distance friend into a pen pal, all for the sake of using this shiny letter opener.
10. Assorted Desk Trays ($13): A place for everything, and everything in its place. If you’re *obsessed* with organization, these compartmentalizing trays are your new best friend.
11. Embroidered Pillow ($25): Embroidery isn’t just for grandma anymore; in case you haven’t noticed, the craft is popping up pretty much everywhere. Keep your home on trend with these stitched-to-perfection patterned pillows.
12. Perforated Metal Table Lamp ($46): Give your apartment a warm ambiance with this quirky-cool perforated lamp. Light it up to achieve a sophisticated atmosphere for your grown-up dinner party filled with good friends and great conversation.
13. Equestrian Side Table ($90): What’s a Nate Berkus-styled home without a little mid-century modern? This minimalist side table lives up to its posh name.
14. Sculpted Ceramic Box ($13): Store your office supplies (or afternoon candy fix!) in this simply sculpted ceramic container with a hand-made feel.
15. Bell Desk Lamp ($46): Give your side table a modern aura with this vintage-meets-modern desk lamp.
16. Embroidered Motif Table Runner ($19) A table runner can make all the difference. Skip the tablecloth altogether for your summer brunch parties with a runner that shows off your dining table.
17. White Elephant Tray ($13): Never forget your keys again. Channel the uncanny memory of an elephant with this chic little tray great for holding keys, rings and any other doodads that always seem to fall through the cracks.
Which summer items do you have your eye on? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful home decor inspo.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)