13 Natural Acne-Fighting Skincare Products Under $20
If you’re like us, you’re doing everything you can to prevent acne. You’re using the right routine for your skin type, you’re eating melon and your leafy greens and you avoid bad-for-skin ingredients. But finding quality skincare products on a budget is difficult, and trying to find natural products for acne-prone skin on a budget is even harder. We know just the feeling. And as lovers of a good budget buy and quality beauty products, we were thrilled to stumble upon these finds. Full of a whole host of nutrient-rich and naturally cleansing ingredients, these buys will leave your skin feeling and looking happy and healthy.
1. Bird and 98th Maca and Honey Face Mask ($15): Plump your skin, clear up breakouts and remove redness with this blend of phytonutrients and fatty acids. The Rhassoul clay purifies while the powdered honey soothes to make this pure magic in a jar.
2. Alba Botanica Good & Clean Daily Detox Foaming Cleanser ($9): Detoxing is also important for your skin. Lather your face with this foaming cleanser and your skin will eat up the AHA-rich botanicals and green tea. (Photo via @albabotanica)
3. Yes to Tomatoes Acne Clearing Facial Toner ($10): Toner is an important step for people with oily skin. This mix of tomato, blackberry and watermelon extracts works to get deep into your pores and get rid of dirt. (Photo via @yestocarrots)
4. Thayers Rose Petal Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel Toner ($10): This classic all-natural toner features rose petal water, making it perfect for soothing angry red acne. Just dab some on an organic cotton ball and wipe away all that grime!
5. Kaia Naturals Juicy Bamboo Natural Facial Cleansing Cloths ($15): If you’re feeling too tired or lazy to go through your entire face routine, use one of these natural cleansing cloths. They’re great for a quick cleanup after the gym. (Photo via @kianaturals)
6. 100% Pure Organic Rose and Honey Facial Cleansing Bar ($11): This organic bar will soften your skin with its cold-pressed olive oil. Honey’s unique antibacterial properties will also work to calm any angry spots while the rose will keep the cleaning process from being too harsh for sensitive skin. (Photo via @100percentpure)
7. Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes ($7): Removing makeup before bed is a super important step in clearing up acne-prone skin. Keep it natural with these towelettes and purify your skin in the process. (Photo via @neutrogena)
8. The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash ($18) and Paraben Free Tea Tree Oil ($10): The Body Shop packs a punch with this powerful combo. Use the facial wash on a daily basis and dab tea tree oil on any zits as soon as you feel them coming to the surface. (Photo via @thebodyshopusa)
9. Herbivore Botanicals Pink Clay Cleansing Bar Soap ($12): You can gently coax out impurities and moisturize dry skin with this adorable bar. Just lather and get to cleansing with the naturally beneficial pink clay.
10. Milk Chocolate Masque by Banish ($19): We love chocolate, and we love it even more when it banishes breakouts. Cocoa contains high amounts of antioxidants and works well with milk’s lactic acid. Use once a week for prevention.
11. Shea Moisture African Black Soap ($5): This cult favorite is great for oily skin and can even help with eczema and psoriasis. You can even get stubborn bacne with this magical bar! (Photo via @sheamoisture4u)
13. Birchrose + Co Peppermint and Wild Citrus Facial Scrub ($18): Featuring certified organic sugar, avocado oil and peppermint leaves, this ultra-refreshing scrub works to tighten skin and fade blemishes.
What’s your all-natural go-to when an angry zit seems to be rearing its ugly head? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)