Eat These 15 Foods for Glowing Skin
Beauty creams make big promises, yet there’s even stronger evidence out there that certain foods can improve your skin. When you nourish from the inside out, you get a clear complexion that not even the best BB cream can provide. Check out this list of 15 delicious foods to incorporate into your diet for a glowing complexion.
2. Yogurt: Yogurt is rich in biotins, which nourish the skin and reinforce your fingernails. It’s also rich in protein that would aid the digestion of fat, hence a trimmer body for you! (via Style Craze)
3. Melons: Watermelons, honeydew and mangoes are everyone’s favorite fruits especially in the hot weather. Melons and mangoes contain carotenoids that will improve the quality of your skin, diminish pimples and acne, reduce skin dryness, enhance the skin’s elasticity and tone and slow down the aging of the skin. (via Brit + Co)
4. Salmon and Tuna: Salmon is good for the heart due to its high contents of Omega-3 fatty acids. These acids are great for the skin too; they reduce redness, inflammation and acne, prevent scaly skin and act as moisturizers by releasing natural oils. (via Cosmopolitan)
5. Leafy Greens Vegetables: Leafy greens are packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that protect your skin cells and stimulate their growth, which is what will make your skin wrinkle- and damage-free. As an added bonus, antioxidants protect your skin from the sun by shielding your cells from the damaging effects of the rays. (via Brit + Co)
6. Grapefruit: Grapefruit are rich in lycopene, another powerful antioxidant that is effective in protecting your cells and fighting the free radicals that come from the sun’s UV rays and pollutants. (via Style Craze)
7. Lots of Water: If you stay hydrated, wrinkles are less likely to form as your skin is plumped up and moisturized. If you struggle with drinking water, try some fruit and herb-infused H2O to get some extra flavor. (via Brit + Co)
8. Hemp And Flax Seeds: These tiny seeds are a powerhouse of essential fatty acids, such as Omega 3, and are filled with protein, making them one of the top superfoods for glowing skin! Eat them as a snack or sprinkle them on salads or sandwiches to help protect against wrinkles and sun damage. (via All Women Stalk)
9. Papaya: Not only is it delicious, papaya is also a great food to eat for overall health. It’s packed with fiber, folates and antioxidants and loaded with vitamins. Chop some up and add it to your granola or yogurt for a healthy breakfast. (via All Women Stalk)
10. Sweet Potato: The humble sweet potato is packed with antioxidants which replenish your skin’s natural supply, fighting off free radicals that damage cells and can cause premature aging. Try throwing this veggie into a variety of recipes, like tacos and salads. (via Poor Girl Eats Well)
12. Green Tea: Green tea fights acne due to its ability to lower levels of an acne-producing hormone. This power drink is also packed with antioxidants, which will help your skin look younger and healthier overall. (via Best Health Mag)
13. Carrots: Carrots contain vitamin C which aids collagen production in the body; collagen is a type of protein that helps prevent wrinkles and slows down the aging process. Meanwhile, the included vitamin A attacks free radicals to prevent wrinkles, pigmentation and an uneven skin tone. (via Style Craze)
14. Avocados: Whether you eat it or apply it, avocados are a powerful fruit that do wonders for your skin. Avocado oil penetrates deep into your skin, leaving it well-cleansed, nourished and baby-soft. Their antioxidants help eliminate wrinkles giving your skin a youthful glow. (via Brit + Co)
15. Cucumbers: Cucumbers contain a ton of the daily required vitamins and minerals your body needs + these edible powerhouses will help trim your waistline, nourish your internal health and brighten your complexion. (via Beautylish)
What foods do you eat to get your face glowing? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)