Guess who’s back, back again? The ’90s are back; tell a friend! From platform sneakers to chokers, the ‘90s are back, and it’s time to embrace them with a little 21st-century twist. We over here at Brit + Co are crushing on the ’90s velvet trend, like these chic velvet clothes, these velvet DIYs and even this velvet home decor. With winter in full force, we thought it high time for us to make something to keep our ears warm that we don’t have to knit or sew. We mixed our love for velvet and our need for warmth to make a no-sew velvet turban!
Materials + Tools:
1. Using fabric scissors, cut the velvet fabric into a 26 x 26-inch square.
2. Fold the fabric in half, making an isosceles triangle.
3. Place the triangle on your head with the long side closest to the nape of your neck and the center point hanging over your face.
4. Take the other two points and double knot them together just above your forehead.
5. Lastly, tuck in the center point and the loose ends!
Cut your fabric into a 26 x 26-inch square.
Your fabric should look something like this. Don’t worry about any rough edges — they won’t show when it’s wrapped around your head.
Fold fabric in half, making a triangle.
Now for the fun part. Take the triangle, tie it on and tuck in the loose pieces!
Voilà! Add a fun brooch to dress up the look, then gather your friends and celebrate 2017!
If you’ve got some extra fabric, help your gal out and make her a turban headband!
Show us how you style your no-sew turban by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!
Author: Shannon Righetti
DIY Production and Styling: Shannon Righetti
Photography: Chris Andre
Modeling: Shannon Righetti and Kelly Bryden
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.