10 Non-Traditional Workouts to Help Keep Those New Year’s Resolutions
Let us guess… your New Year’s resolution involves working out more, losing weight, and eating healthier? You are not alone. Let’s take that common resolution and spice it up a bit! We found 10 unique workouts to make the ordinary more fun. No more treadmills or elliptical, it’s time to enjoy your workout and get fit!
1. Aqua: Everyone knows about biking, but we bet you haven’t tried biking in water! Keep cool while burning ridiculous amounts of calories while protecting your joints.
2. Indoor Rowing in a Tank: Did you always want to try crew in college but didn’t want to wake up at the crack of dawn for practice? Then indoor rowing is for you!
3. Pop Up Yoga: Yoga in exciting places! Many cities are starting “pop-up yoga,” which constantly changes locations to keep your yoga practice interesting.
4. Hoopnotica: Take your workout back to your childhood and start hoola hooping! If you can’t find classes in your city, you can grab a hula hoop and a DVD class.
5. Paddleboard Yoga: You might have to wait for Spring to try this, but doing yoga on a paddleboard in the middle of the ocean sounds amazing (and like some major balance) to us!
6. Barre3: We know Bar classes (where ballet meets pilates and yoga) are not new, but there is finally an option to take classes in the comfort of your own home! If you can’t make it to the studio on time or can’t shell out the cash per class, this is for you.
7. Gorilla Workout App: No excuses for skipping a workout when it’s right there staring at you on your phone! The app adjusts the workouts to your body weight, and no equipment is needed, so you can really do it wherever you go.
8. Pole Fitness: Take your cardio and strength training to the pole!
9. Hiking Yoga: Go hiking around your city and do some yoga while you stop at a beautiful view point.
10. Punk Rope: Recess meets boot camp with this fun workout that includes themed workouts, fitness games, and jumping rope.
We hope you find the right workout for you this year so you can keep your resolutions!
What are your favorite non-traditional workouts? Talk to us in the comments below.