15 Seriously Stylish Parkas and Windbreakers for April Showers
Should you decide that the ever-ubiquitous spring trench isn’t for you, there’s no shortage of throwback outerwear options to brighten your day. With windbreakers, parkas, and anoraks slated as the breakout style stars of spring, the competition is fiercer than ever. Scroll on for 15 of the season’s most enviable slickers — reimagined in an assortment of athletic cuts and ’80s-inspired colorways, no less — that deserve a coveted spot in your spring wardrobe. The more color-explosive, the better.
1. Alice + Olivia Meta Oversized Parka ($550): What sorcery is this? Style this lace embroidered cargo jacket alongside a sequin brami and joggers for instant GNO magic.
2. Isabel Marant Rumber Long Raincoat ($1,085): Grab your scuba gear, a bangin’ one-piece, and some playful pool slides — Isabel Marant wants to send you off in style. This surf-inspired slicker is paradise-bound.
4. Zara Floral Windbreaker ($100): Feminine florals, we’re not through with you just yet. With plastic lucite heels in tow, this Zara stunner will be promoted to pièce de résistance status in no time.
5. Maje Cropped Multicolored Parka ($470): Behold, summer’s hautest festi-cool parka.
6. Mira Mikati Block Colour Rain Parka ($675): No rain, no double rainbow. Mira Mikati’s cheerfully bright parka is here to set your color-seeking heart aflutter.
7. Tommy Hilfiger Parachute Parka ($530): When it rains, it POURS. Ditch the rubber ducky yellow mac for this FROW-ready longline parka that’s as versatile as it is stylish.
8. Scotch & Soda Colour Blocked Jacket ($235): Throwback windbreaker with athluxury appeal, you da real MVP.
11. Topshop Colour Block Windbreaker Jacket ($75): Right up there with mom-fit jeans and the season’s pervasive dad trainers, a packable colorblock windbreaker is just about as ’90s as it gets.
12. Balenciaga Oversized Printed Shell Windbreaker Jacket ($1,990): You’re not a basic B, that’s fo’sure. We’d shell out beaucoup bucks for this heavy-duty logo-emblazoned Balenciaga windbreaker that slays.
13. Marc Jacobs Oversized Sport Parka ($1,200): When Marc Jacobs designs a souped-up parka, you don’t ask questions. The exaggerated silo and translucent iridescent champagne exterior will be a match for your grunge aesthetic. May we recommend banana yellow pants to get the show on the road?
14. Blank NYC Petal to the Metal Jacket ($108): You could be heading to SoulCycle or picking up Chinese takeout around the corner, and no one would be the wiser. Pop this jungle print number on for the ultimate rainy day disguise.
15. Kendall + Kylie Metallic Reversible Windbreaker Jacket ($150): THRIVING. How you’ll feel each time you slip on this reversible foil windbreaker (in rose gold, baby). Retro-cool LA Gear sneakers to go with, please.