11 Party-in-a-Box Gift Ideas to Send for Your Bestie’s 30th Birthday
There’s nothing better than getting surprise snail mail — it’s basically like getting a birthday present you weren’t expecting (even if you kinda sorta were). That little notice you get in your mailbox that you have a package in the mail room? Living for it. Let your bestie get that same feeling by sending her a surprise birthday box to open at her 30th birthday party. Opening up a gift with a few of her favorite things (and little confetti) will totally make her day. Check out a few of the boxes below that anyone would be excited to receive.
1. DIY Beauty Box: Girly girls *love* their nail polish and lip glosses. Pick out your faves and pop them in a mini box to send off. Use a little crinkle confetti and a balloon or two to add the finishing touches. It doesn’t get any cuter (and girlier!) than that. (via A Bubbly Life)
2. Little Box of Gifts ($35): If you’re running low on time, pick up this box option. It has a little bit of everything, from hair ties to a fun notepad to dress up her desk. Oh, and don’t forget about the candles — it is her birthday, after all.
3. DIY Chocolate-Themed Surprise: You can’t go wrong with a box of chocolates. Sweets are necessary for any special day. Opt for this modern version that includes an adorable printable, balloons and chocolate-covered fruits. (via Confetti Sunshine)
4. DIY Letter-Shaped Boxes: *This* is what you should make this weekend. Create letter-shaped boxes out of cardboard and a little hot glue. The best part? She can totally reuse these after she opens them. (via Studio DIY)
5. DIY Champagne Box: Everyone has that one friend who just loves a little bubbly. Put together a box filled with all things preppy, like a nail polish and a few macarons. Then, finish it off with a mini bottle of her favorite champs. (via Style Me Pretty)
6. DIY Cupcake Decorating Box: Yummy cupcakes are totally in store for any 30th birthday. If your bestie loves to bake, send her the cutest cupcake skirts around, a pack of sprinkles and a couple little extras. Top off the box with a party hat, because everyone needs one on their b-day. (via Bright + Bold)
7. DIY Happy Birthday Banner + Confetti Box: What do you get the girl that has everything? Instead of getting your BFF something she’ll never use, go for something more creative like this banner box. The best part is that she can hang it at her b-day bash too… and tell everyone that her bestie DIYed it! (via Like the Cheese)
8. For the Waffle Enthusiast: There are few things in life that are better than having a waffle party. Put together this box that’s chock full of waffle-making essentials. Pro tip: Include a note that tells her to have her beau serve her breakfast in bed using the ingredients ;) (via He and I)
9. DIY Matchbox: Upcycle an old matchbook and add knick knacks that remind you of your friend. A candle and confetti are obvious necessities, but dressing up the matchbox to look like this one will make the presentation that much better. (via Art and Chic)
10. DIY Pom Pom + Confetti Box: TBH, it sucks when you can’t spend your friend’s birthday with her, but adding a pic of you throwing confetti to celebrate makes it a little better. Finish off the box with a few decorations and a FaceTime date ticket to wish her a happy birthday. (via Sugar Lander)
11. DIY Happy Birthday Banner Box: This option is perfect if you want something that’s a little more low-key. Queue up your fave Netflix show and make this banner to send in the mail. It’s not only *so* fun to make (and open!), but it’s also super easy on the wallet since you can make it with supplies you already have in your craft room. (via Oh Happy Day)
What are you getting for your bestie’s birthday this year? Tweet us your ideas on Twitter @britandco!