14 Breezy Peplum Tops to Get Your Fit and Flare on
The fit and flare is most def the It silhouette of the season, and lucky us, the breezy peplum top fits the bill. Not only does the cinched shirt have us high-fiving our reflection until the end of days (seriously, when is a trend ever also extremely flattering?), but the ruffled panel adds instant flirty flair—or flare—to your fave pair of skinny jeans or the sleekest pencil skirt in your closet. We shouldn’t have to convince you to go with the flow this spring—just get your hands on one of these 14 flirty peplum tops!
1. Sheer Overlay Pleated Peplum Top ($69): A color block pixelated peplum top wasn’t a hard sell for us. Just so we’re clear, we def Pinned each color to our “Spring Essentials” pinboard.
2. White Tent Peplum Top in Acid Fluorescent ($47): Soft jersey fabric + a fierce ruffled peplum = the easiest way to look fierce this spring.
3. Asos Curve Peplum Top Knot Detail ($60): As if this cinched shirt wasn’t figure flattering enough, this piece adds a slimming knotted wrap just above the flare. We’re obsessed.
4. Yumi Pixel Peplum Top ($50): This confetti geo print might be the best pattern we’ve laid eyes on this spring. Obviously, the hard part is choosing between this bold red and dreamy blue (wait, did someone just say get both?)
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Avery Silk Peplum Top ($129): Hold the phone: a color block peplum? With matching contrast trim!? We’re calling this top a spring must-have.
6. Asos Curve Exclusive Peplum Top in Stripe ($29): Now this is the way to wear black and white stripes this spring! Angled striped panels give an awe-inducing hourglass shape to this graphic top that’s sure to flatter any figure.
7. Finders Keepers Bright Side Peplum Top ($86): Whoa, when ever do trends on trends on trends actually work on one garment? This peplum-cutouts-mesh lining proves that it can work when stylish stars align.
8. Floral Burnout Peplum Top ($44): See, lace can look modern, especially in this eye-catching floral motif. We’d pair this black and white top with a pair of bold pants to keep our look as colorful as possible.
10. Kerala Peplum Top ($298): This patchwork peplum top is nothing less than stunning. The volume of that ruffled ribbon panel makes it feel extremely elegant.
11. Kate Spade Saturday Peplum Top ($110): This relaxed-sleeve peplum top is the perfect piece for any sunny spring day, especially since it comes in a slew of pretty pastels like this swoon-worthy mint.
12. Fluttered Dot Peplum Top ($68): The pleated peplum has a few PICs on this polka dot top—both the high collar and cap sleeves are ruffled to flirty perfection.
13. Darling Peplum Top With Jeweled Neck ($103): As if the peplum top needed even a sliver more of class, this number features a pearl-bead embellished neckline. We’re nuts about the look, which between you and me, is a DIY waiting to happen.
14. Lisson Cotton and Silk-Blend Dupion Peplum Top ($790): Behold: the most A-list of peplums we’ve ever seen. We’ll definitely be dreaming about this sleek rounded neckline for days to come.
Will you be rocking a peplum top this spring? What other seasonal staples are you jazzed about wearing super soon? Tell us in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.