12 Ways to Prep Your Skin for Winter
How the heck is it nearly the end of the year again? Seriously, we never saw it coming. We’ve been so up to our knees with craft nights and mani-pedi parties that we’ve barely been able to keep up with our social calendar. And there’s no sign of it slowing down anytime soon. So guess who doesn’t have time for dry skin? That’s right — us. You can bet your egg nog we’ve figured out 12 ways to bring in the winter season with perfectly glowing, moisturized skin. And keep it that way.
1. Swap Your Cleanser: Step away from that foam cleanser, ladies. Nothing strips skin more than suds, so make sure you switch to an oil- or milk-based cleanser for the winter. Does that feel too drastic to you? Make it a gel cleanser. (via Daily Makeover)
2. Oil Up: You heard us loud and clear. There’s no need to be scared. Smearing oils on your face is no nightmarish challenge; it’s actually the perfect way to keep that healthy glow all winter long. (via Lauren Conrad)
3. End All Hot Showers: There’s nothing better than feeling all cozy and warm in the shower, but not at the expense of our baby soft skin. Cool it down, sisters. If lukewarm sounds like torture, keep your showers short. (via Beauty High)
7. Have a Drink: You may not feel thirsty, but your body certainly still needs all the hydration it can get. Warming up with caffeine or helping yourself to bevvies at the holiday party? Dodge dehydration by doubling up on your water intake. (via The Beauty Department)
12. Itchy Dry Scalp: We’ve all been there, so what’s the secret behind this age-old issue? Olive oil, coconut oil or Vitamin E should do the trick. Massage some into your scalp pre-shower and jump into lukewarm water. If that doesn’t kick it, call in the troops, aka apple cider vinegar. (via Greatist)
What’s your favorite winter skincare secret? Share the deets below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)