8 Plus Size Fashion Bloggers You Should Be Following
Style bloggers — we can’t get enough of them. They make us put our favorite pair of jeans and t-shirt back in the closet and reach for something that embodies a better version of ourselves. And no matter if you’re petite, tall or curvy, there’s a blogger out there who’s giving style and shopping tips for your body type. Not sure who to look to for plus-size looks? Read on to get some inspiration for your next #ootd from women who have killer style and the confidence to match.
1. GabiFresh: The Detroit native behind this site not only delivers awesome outfits and beauty tips, she also highlights plus-size news and trends, making it a daily read. No matter your body, her makeup tips and accessory highlights are fashion-forward and fresh.
2. Girl With Curves: There’s a reason she’s won major fashion awards for her blogging efforts, and her readers couldn’t be happier. She’s a leader in the body confidence movement, and her site features shopping tips, maternity looks and general tips and tricks for girls of all sizes.
3. Nadia Aboulhosn: She doesn’t necessarily tout her site as being for curvy girls, but any girl with a similar figure will find endless outfit inspiration. Nadia specializes in flaunting figure-hugging selections that are just right for her bod.
4. Nicolette Mason: This blogger is also a fashion editor and columnist at Marie Claire, so you know she knows her stuff. Her lifestyle blog highlights an assortment of topics, but she regularly posts about fashion and her favorite brands and stores.
5. Plus Size Princess: The Plus Size Princess provides an inside look at shopping at a variety of stores through her Inside The Dressing Room feature, and specializes in outfits that are affordable and easy to find.
6. And I Get Dressed: The NYC-based blogger shows her readers endless outfit combinations. She admits her fashion sense “shows clear signs of multiple personality disorder,” which means her always-changing style is something everyone can connect with.
7. Jay Miranda: With a down-to-earth style and an easily searchable outfit index that can be filtered by category or season, Jay gets major bonus points with both the fashion-forward of the world and with all the moms out there, since she features beautiful maternity looks and fashion inspiration for those who want pregnancy style.
8. Curvy Girl Chic: Get an inside look at one drool-worthy wardrobe, plus news from the hottest plus-size brands in the country. Like the name suggests, the outfits revealed on the blog are on the chic side.
What are your go-to sites for plus size looks? Let us know in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.