18 Skincare Products That Correct Problematic Pores
We know you can’t actually reduce your pore size, but there are steps you can take to reduce the appearance of these unsightly selfie-killers. First, thoroughly cleanse and remove all makeup nightly to prevent potential buildup. Incorporating a clarifying mask into your regimen that deep cleans those suckers can also help. Next, exfoliate regularly using ingredients like chemical acids, especially BHAs, or even the anti-aging superstar, retinol. Lastly, products containing actives like niacinamide help to shrink stretched pores back into shape, making them less visible overall. Here are 18 skincare products to make your pore problems no more.
1. Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment ($105): The cult-favorite lactic acid treatment exfoliates skin to reduce the appearance of pores and also brightens, evens tone, and plumps skin.
2. Skinfood Egg White Pore Mask ($11): FYI— egg whites contain an ingredient that purifies and constricts these problem areas.
3. 20 East Botanicals Rose Clay Rice Polish ($22): This indie newcomer is a foaming polish containing pore-clarifying rose kaolin clay. The all-natural, organic buy contains other skin-enhancing ingredients like brightening sake extract and exfoliating rice powder to give you glow for days.
4. Peace Out Pore Treatment Strips ($19): The next generation of pore stripes has arrived! Pop on a hydrocolloid nose patch to shrink pores, combat oiliness, and banish blemishes for good.
5. Volition Beauty Detoxifying Silt Gelée Mask ($60): Our Senior Beauty Editor calls this her “self-care Sunday savior” — need we say more? The vegan option cools, balances, and improves skin texture while it enhances your complexion to “pore-fection.”
6. Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer ($60): Applying this alpha lipoic acid toner after washing your face will help shrink dem pores to less offensive sizes. It also leaves a matte finish for oily skin types without sacrificing moisture.
7. Paula’s Choice Resist Daily Pore-Refining Treatment ($33): The makers of the cult-favorite BHA-powered treatment created a pore-specific variation to get to the bottom of your pesky issues. Use the leave-on exfoliant daily after cleaning your face and toning (and say goodbye to future clogs).
8. Yuri Pibu Artichoke Power Essence ($34): K-Beauty fans go crazy for this much-loved artichoke essence for its ability to reduce the appearance of pores when applied after your toner.
9. Bioré Baking Soda Acne Scrub ($6): Clear your breakouts in a flash and enjoy a deep cleanse courtesy of baking soda.
10. Brooklyn Botany Charcoal Mud Mask ($40): Charcoal is on fire in the beauty world for its skin-refining and detoxifying powers. The natural line’s top seller visibly shrinks pores when used twice per week. P.S. It’s half-off RN.
11. Karuna MatteMUD Face Mask ($8): The beauty of this clay and green tea-infused mud mask is that you can apply it without the usual mess.
12. Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel ($88): Along with targeting enlarged pores, this daily peel will even tone and smoothe fine lines, combating the top three leading signs of aging.
13. Neogen Canadian Clay Pore Cleanser ($27): Have fun with this K-Beauty powerhouse made of clay, carbonated water, and centenella asiatica extract. Plus, it foams upon application, making the biweekly treatment extra-fun.
14. ReVive Pore Correctif Multi-Action Repair Serum ($235): Score this luxury product if you’re feeling fancy. It contains a special serum to thoroughly treat uneven complexions and give an ultra-smooth finish.
15. Beauty Pie Super Retinol Ceramide-Boost Anti-Aging Face Serum ($100): Retinol is an effective ingredient for improving the texture of your skin courtesy of its gentle resurfacing action. This high-end blend, which also contains lactic acid, hyaluronic acid, and barrier-repairing ceramides, should def be on your beauty wish list.
16. Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor ($35): White clay and salicylic acid mark the end of any lingering blackheads marring your complexion.
17. Skinmiso Pore Beauty Nose Pack ($20): Serious skincare addicts can turn to this three-step kit designed to totally rehab those pores. Bid adieu to those large, unsightly suckers with this 10-week treatment.
18. Caolion Premium Hot + Cool Pore Pack ($30): The first step is a warm steam mask that opens up pores to allow for a comprehensive deep clean. The second step is the cooling, tightening phase to close them up again.
Do you suffer from enlarged pores? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.