14 Ways to Rock Potter’s Clay, This Season’s Newest It-Color
Remember when Pantone blew our minds by naming not one, but two colors of the year for 2016? Well, now it’s time you met potter’s clay, the latest It-color to take over fashion. The must-have shade combines brick red and rust with a hint of copper and some burnt-orange goodness thrown in to complement your capsule wardrobe stocked in the desert hues we love so much. Get in on the trend by perusing these 14 items that are guaranteed to set you up for street style domination.
Cooler temps call for gotta-get longline coats and trusty toppers. But instead of hitting up your tried and true shades of gray and camel, opt for the stylish-yet-safe hue of potter’s clay that is well worth the investment.
1. Helene Berman Drapey Longline Jacket in Rust & Black Texture ($285): It doesn’t get much more classic than this duster-length wool coat. This piece of statement outerwear is guaranteed to turn heads, thrown over any outfit you own.
2. Missguided Faux Suede Bomber Jacket ($72): This trendy faux-suede bomber is the It-girl-approved way to embrace the Potter’s Clay trend. The versatile coat will look great styled up for your nine-to-five or edged out for after six.
Tops + Bottoms
When it comes to cold weather, we immediately think about layering potential. Layer your way to street style perfection by opting for separates that are just shy of in-your-face orange or head-turning red.
3. Topshop Twist Front Crop Top ($35): This trendy, one-and-done top gives the cropped top a chic new twist. Thanks to the mock turtleneck and cozy long sleeves, you’ll be cute and comfy when you step out wearing this haute must-have top.
4. ASTR Smocked Tie Neck Blouse ($59): There is no question that boho-inspired blouses instantly lend a touch of sophistication to whatever look you’re wearing, especially when it is in a less expected colorway. Pair this beauty with washed out “mom” jeans or even trend-right patent leather to upgrade it to It-girl status.
Sometimes a girl needs to make an entrance, and a knockout dress that sidesteps the traditional LBD is the best way to do it. Consider this your go-to option for crisp, end-of-fall days and cool wintry nights.
5. Socialite Cold Shoulder Rib Knit Dress ($48): A ribbed knit dress with a cold-shoulder top and a sophisticated turtleneck? Count us in. We’ll totally be pairing it with our favorite pair of black OTK boots.
We’ve finally made our way to the part of our wardrobe that excites us most. Splurging on a pair or two of these irresistible kicks is an absolute must. After all, when has a little shoe shopping ever failed to make you feel better? (Exactly.)
6. Sole Society Leandra Over the Knee Boot ($150): It’s no secret that we are obsessed with the OTK trend, here at B+C. This pair with a sweet suede finish is exactly what you need to bring autumnal feels straight through to winter (and even cooler spring days).
7. Steve Madden Edit Bootie ($90): Everything about these velvet booties is absolutely perfect, right down to the sizzling burnt-orange color. The streamlined look of these mod-inspired boots in that ultra-luxe velvet will bring an insta-chic appeal to a closet full of embroidered dresses and decked-out denim. Every. Time.
8. Jeffrey Campbell Perpetua Open Toe Mule ($110): Slip-on mules were straight-up on fire this season, making this Pantone-approved pair even more appealing. Can’t we all use a pair of cute statement mules this holiday season? We think so too.
9. Superga Cotu Sneaker ($65): If wearing your all-white sneaks doesn’t feel the same now that the weather’s turned gray, you already get it. Throw this pair of rusty-colored classics on to infuse fabulous color to every casual outfit you own.
Call them MVPs or unsung heroes, but either way, accessories have always been the most efficient way to take a look from zero to street-style bait in no time flat. This season, consider soft gloves, minimalist crossbodies and statement scarves among some of your most trusted wardrobe workhorses.
10. Glamorous Velvet Cross Body Bag in Rust ($33): All velvet everything has been one of our favorite trends this season, so we didn’t think twice when we spotted this classic crossbody. There’s just nothing quite as luxurious as the velvety feel of an everyday silo in such a slay-worthy shade.
11. BP Marled Knit Fringe Infinity Scarf ($25): According to the French, scarves are the best way to fend off colds. How can you not agree when you spot this stunner?! Honor your health and look unbelievably cute in the process by snatching up one of these fabulous fringed infinity scarves. There’s nothing like some trusty knits to keep you dependably warm ‘n’ toasty all winter long.
12. Mama Maroon Teracotta Fringe Tassel Earrings ($16): Hmmm. What accessory can spruce up your casual look and take a chic all-black outfit to the next level — a pair of head-turning earrings, perhaps? Talk about a fun way to incorporate some color into your look. Nab a pair of these trendy tassel earrings to add some warmth to your beauty game.
What look would be complete without a few strategically applied beauty items?! Whether you prefer an all-natural style or like to bring a little drama, this shade will honor your PSL dependency without looking over the top.
13. Kevin Aucoin Beauty The Eyeshadow Duo, Gold/Auburn Shimmer ($42): Can you even imagine the perfection of this shimmery shade on big brown eyes? Talk about a color pop! Seriously though, this shadow duo will highlight and brighten your lids with a radiant effect that reads more bronze goddess than Halloween.
14. Butter London Nail Lacquer in Sunbaker ($15): Hello, gorgeous. Add this lacquer to your arsenal of super-wearable shades if you want to bring a bit of edge and sophistication to your closet full of knits in variations of gray and camel. Swoon.
How will you rock fall’s haute new color trend? Show us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.