9 Desert-Colored Clothing That Make Neutral Not Seem Boring
It’s easy to swoon over brightly colored clothing — that show-stoppingly vibrant piece that basically makes your outfit. Neutrals have often had to take a back seat to more colorful duds — at least, until now. This season, those everyday hues have stepped it up, pulling inspiration from a dreamy desert color palette that’s rustic and refreshingly uplifting (think: army green, blush pink and camel). If you’ve been thinking of giving your wardrobe a not-so-basic fall-toned makeover, add these nine gorgeous neutral garments to your wardrobe now.
1. Nasty Gal Glamorous Midnight Fever Plunging Jumpsuit ($31 on SALE): This is the perfect jumpsuit to go dancing in — the muted red color is perfect against any skin tone, and the low-cut plunge is so sexy. Wear a high pump to elongate your legs even more.
2. Forever 21 Colorblock Chiffon Dress ($25): This color block dress is a diamond in the rough. It’s light and easily could be layered over a long-sleeve blouse. Also, it’s pretty perfect to wear for when you want that second round of mashed potatoes. You know, just in case.
3. Forever 21 Drapey Longline Belted Vest ($38): Army green goes great with literally everything. This particular jacket is meant for the ultimate night out with the girls. Pair it with some platform shoes and a bunch of bangles to really get the night going.
4. Urban Outfitters Out from Under Strappy Back Maxi Cover-Up Dress ($39 on SALE): Need a dress for a party? Try an open-back option in a deep red color. Is there anything hotter than a deep shade of red?
5. Forever 21 Pleated Wide-Leg Pants ($20): The pink hue of these wide-legged trousers is absolutely spot on. It’s a khaki-blush hybrid that can take you from summer to winter by swapping out that crop top for a cozy turtleneck.
6. & Other Stories Suede Skirt ($195): Suede is a staple for winter. The texture alone will add the right amount of dimension to any outfit. Mix with analogous colors for a flirty effect.
7. Zara Cropped Trousers ($70): These rust-colored cropped trousers are to die for. While they might be simple and straight to the point, they will elevate any fall outfit because they are so damn sleek. Pair them with a white topper for the office or a black cropped top for the weekend.
8. ASOS Oversized Coat With Contrast Shawl Collar ($161): There is truly nothing better than an oversized coat. It’s a great substitute for a blanket, and you can still look stylish even if you rocking’ a little bit of bed head.
9. Zara Striped Kimono Sleeve Top ($40): Need to add a little pattern to your outfit? We say go bold or go home with this loose striped kimono. It can easily be mixed with other striking prints from your closet, and that is always a win.
Are you thinking of wearing desert-colored clothes this fall? Let us know in the comments below!