7 Products That Extend the Life of Your Blowout
There’s nothing better than a bombshell blowout, amirite?! Whether you splurged at the salon, used an on-demand beauty app or did it yourself, we know you want your sleek tresses to go the distance. Well, you’re welcome, because these styling-saving tips, tricks and product picks are guaranteed to keep your hair gorgeous, glossy and grime-free for days… and days. So you (and your ‘do) will look Insta-worthy at a moment’s notice. Scroll below for must-have products that will extend the life of your precious blowout.
1. La Tierra Sagrada Shampoo ($36): Starting with clean hair is the key to a long-lasting blowout. Any dirt, oil or product residue will weigh hair down and make the style fall flat in no time. This paraben- and sulfate-free formula cleanses the scalp and your strands, helps remove build-up and boosts shine. Finish with a lightweight conditioner on the ends only.
2. Briogeo Rosarco Blow Dry Perfection Heat Protectant Crème ($24): No matter your hair type, a protectant is the first step to preventing damage to your tresses. This weightless formula — infused with rosehip, argan and coconut oils — smoothes strands, tames frizz, enhances softness and, of course, protects tresses up to 425°F.
3. Living Proof Prime Style Extender Spray ($12): Prepping locks with a hair primer will help it stay smooth and silky for as long as possible. Generously spritz on clean, damp hair, coating strands from roots to ends. This creates a weightless shield around your hair that smoothes and detangles strands, repels dirt and oil and extends your style up to two times longer.
Lilysilk Silk Night Sleeping Cap ($59) for super sleek tresses.
5. Shhhowercap The Kent ($43): The secret to maintaining your blowout while you shower? Twist your hair and gently clip it in place to keep it dry and crease-free. When it comes to your shower cap, choose a terrycloth-lined option, which offers extra protection against humidity (the enemy of a fierce blowout). Featuring a turban-style silhouette and an abstract black and white pattern, this is not your mama’s shower cap. And the best part is it doesn’t leave those dreaded forehead marks like elastic-banded models do.
6. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo ($23): Around day three, strands can start looking, well, a little limp and oily. This best-selling, blowout-extending essential absorbs excess oils, perks up roots and boosts volume, so strands stay fresh in between washes. For best results, mist dry shampoo at the roots and let it sit for a minute before working it in using your fingertips. Hitting the gym? Give your strands a pre-workout spritz. Doing this will create a sweat-absorbent barrier. Who knew?
seriously a savior for fine, dry hair types.