Color lovers, rejoice! The return of warm weather means vibrant hues are back on the table, and the lastest crop of nail art taking Instagram by storm is just about as bold and bright as you can get. Say sayonara to French manis and negative space nails — this season rainbow manicures rule supreme, putting an eye-catching and Insta-worthy finish on “I do”-approved ensembles (consider it the ultimate ice breaker if you didn’t get that plus one) and #OOTDs alike. Just in time for festival season, this technicolor style is about to become your new signature — it’s the perfect partner to DIY paper flower crowns, fringe-flecked suede and free-wheelin’ vibes. Oh, and it’s a great excuse to invest in a few new colors, too. What’s not to love? Keep scrolling for 15 rainbow nail looks that will add major personality to your everyday attire.
1. Abstract Nails: For a multicolor mani that’s anything but average, try this abstract design on for size. Take note: A bit of patience is required to get that cool layered look. Speed up drying with a blast of cool air from your hair dryer or a quick spritz of hairspray.
2. Under-the-Radar Color: This pretty pastel mani is all about the element of surprise. Go classic on top, then make those digits pop by painting the underside of each nail a brilliant hue. Consider this the perfect way to ease into this not-so-subtle trend.
3. Street-Art-Inspired Style: One word: obsessed. Drawing on artist Maya Hayuk’s signature style, this intricate manicure is serious #goals. Amplify the OMG effect by rockin’ it with red-hot lipstick and separates in scene-stealing hues.
4. Gold Stripes + Pastels: Pantone (and the runway) made it clear that pastels don’t have to be prissy, but just in case you’re still not convinced, consider this ultra modern mani proof. Gilded bands and awe-inspiring ombre make for a de rigeur design that will put your plain red polish to shame.
5. Colorful Color Block: When it doubt, color block. The only thing that could make this minimalist manicure better? A streamlined jumpsuit and a slew of stacking rings.
6. Leopard Print Patterns: Could rainbow nails get any cooler? The answer: Heck yes they can, especially when there’s leopard print involved. Unleash your wild side by styling them alongside embellished round sunnies and a quirky clutch that’s ready to partay.
7. Two-Tone Nails: Skip the standard French manicure (snooze) for an amped-up interpretation with mid-century flair. The look-at-me design would look ah-mazing with playful pinafores and button-front skirts that have the whole throwback thing on lock.
8. Over(the-top) Rainbows: Girlbosses and busy ladies everywhere — don’t try this one at home. This level of technicolor perfection is best left to the pros, which is the best excuse ever to head to the nail salon for a mani STAT.
9. Graffiti Nails: While tagging might land you a fine, this neon nail design will work overtime to earn you some serious street style cred. Team it with your athleisure best for an off-duty ensemble that doesn’t mess around.
10. Amped-Up Accent Nails: You don’t have to go all out to get in on the whole rainbow nail thing. Lacquer nails in your favorite color, then get fancy with your ring fingers, tricking them out in a spectrum of carefully layered colors.
11. Colorful Negative Space Nails: Minimalists, eat your hearts out! Just when you thought it was impossible to love negative nails more, this prismatic pattern appeared on the scene. Less is still way more.
12. Neon Rainbow: Pass up on an opportunity to sport a little neon? Not a chance! Paint each nail with a different high octane nail lacquer for a look that’s sure to double those double taps. (via Lulu’s)
13. Reverse Modern Half Moon: Bored of the basic half-moon? Kick nails up a notch with splashy color and streamlined stripes. The best part? No chipped tips. It’s a straight-up win-win.
14. Electric Feel Mani: Any time is a good time to rock a bit of glitz. Pull out all the stops by piling the shimmery stuff on top of bright geometric shapes. For even more wow factor, layer the DDG design over another flashy hue.
15. Tie-Dye Nails: For the Insta-approved festival look of the century, these tie-dye nails will definitely add some flower power to your look. Throw in a flowy maxi dress and you’ll be main stage-ready in no time.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.