You can’t go wrong with a classic French mani : the simple pearled tip is a timeless formal look. And while it’s our go-to for special occasions and black tie events, we’ve been on the hunt for ways to reinvent this elegant nail art staple into a style that’s more universally wearable. Well, we’re stoked to report that there is such a thing as an everyday French mani—check out these 12 totally fresh takes on the French tip.
2. Wavy French Tips : Squiggly shaped patterns are having a moment on garments of all kinds, and we have to say, the amorphous design translates nicely into nail art. It’s a funky pattern that feels both sporty and artsy. (via Chalkboard Nails )
5. Linear Equation Mani : Nail this sleek look with the help of thin striping tape. Paint a base coat, add the strips, brush on a contrast color, and rip the tape away to get this classy two-toned mani. (via Brit + Co. )
9. Asymmetrical French Tip : We’re obsessed with this striped-down geo mani that turns an imperfect, asymmetrical swipe into something truly stunning. If you ask us, it’s nail art perfection. (via Paula’s Choice )
10. Mirrored Moon Mani : Whoever decided to add matching French tips to a killer half moon mani is a legit beauty genius. Whether you’re rocking it to date night or to the office, you simply can’t go wrong with this look. (via Beautylish )
11. Color Block French Mani : Behold: the color block French mani! This hypnotic nail art design is fairly intricate, but definitely worth the effort if you’re looking to make a bold statement. (via So Nailicious )
12. V-Shaped French Tip Nails : Here’s another gorgeous way to rock a geo mani. These v-shaped nails are the delightful result of when a tribal-inspired pattern gets a minimalistic makeover. (via Nail Art Pretties )
Do you have any “hot tips” for us? Are there any new nail arty trends we just have to know about? Tell us in the comments below.