30 Amazing and Creative Halloween Nail Art Designs
October 31 may seem light-years away, but if last-minute Halloween costumes stress you out, then you know it’s never too early to start planning for a killer getup. Makeup and hair are a given, but the perfect costume isn’t complete without an amazing mani. This year we’ve pulled out all the stops with a mega-roundup of the scariest, spookiest, and all-around amazing Halloween nail art designs. From black-cat French tips to pumpkin-face nail art to the most stellar sugar-skull nails we’ve *ever* seen, here are 30 manicures that are basically costumes for your nails.
2. Golden Ratio: Perfect for the lazy-girl nail artist who wants to hit two holidays with just one mani. Do this on Halloween day and then carry it all the way into the New Year! (via Brit + Co)
3. Feelin’ Spidey: Scare the ish out of all the arachnophobes with your spooky spider nails.
4. Bony Gal: Keep your Halloween digits looking eerie with a skeleton design scattered along your nails. A matte black and red polish underneath looks even more appropriate for the holiday.
5. Spooky Minimalist: A ghostly manicure instantly puts you in the Halloween spirit. Plus, if you’re more of a minimalistic gal, this simple design will ring true.
6. Sweet Skulls: Even if you’re not a fan of Halloween, these designs let you take part in October fun without the spook factor. This manicure is trendy and colorful and will match any outfit you pair it with.
7. Mixed Finishes: You don’t have to deck out your digits in skulls and ghosts to be festive. A fancy orange and black mani gives you just the right amount of edgy flair.
8. Orange Evil Eye: The evil eye can mean a curse in many cultures around the world. What better way to celebrate the spooky holiday than with protective nails featuring these talismans?
9. Twist on a French: Pair your black polish with a simple white to elevate and invert this classic, yet very Halloween-appropriate, finish.
10. Shimmer and Spiders: Statement nails featuring sparkles and spider webs turn the dial up on Halloween glam. Balance it out with a neutral gray shade as your base color or keep it negative with a bare nail layered with a top coat.
11. Scratch It Up: Destroyed ombre nails feel spooky but still stylish. Achieve this jagged mani look by coating your nail with black and using a scratcher tool to uncover the natural hue underneath.
12. Spooky Kitty: Instead of opting for the scary nail art route, go spooky. Cute, pointy-eared kitties are purrfect for Halloween.
13. Bloody Nails: This spine-tingling nail art will give you all the holiday feels this October. Drip polish down from your cuticles, and clean up your skin with a nail polish remover-soaked cotton swab. Done and done.
14. Squiggly Black Lines: Start off with a neutral base coat, then get funky with dark and random squiggly lines.
15. Moody and Matte: Feel like sporting your artsy side? Paint an entire creepy scene onto your nails for a unique mani. Adding a matte top coat lets the designs be seen even better.
16. Marble Print: This looks tough but is actually fairly easy. Begin by using black nail polish and a small brush dipped in acetone, draw on lines with the polish and then blur them by swirling with the brush.
17. Art Dark-O: One small black line from top to bottom of your nail bed makes for an artsy addition to a skeleton-inspired Halloween look.
18. Candy Corn: It’s easy and it’s a classic. Just a warning: You may have to resist the urge to nibble your fingers!
19. Glittery Orange: With the right colorful glitter, your orange mani can look primed for a Monster Mash. (via Chalkboard Nails)
20. Shattered Nails: Give your fingers some sharp angles to give the illusion of jagged nails.
21. Matte and Glossy Meet: Spice up the typical matte nail with a glossy French tip.
22. Frankenstein Stitches: We’re already haunted by this funky, yet totally appropriate Frankenstein pop art.
23. Picasso Line Art: Halloween doesn’t have to be all about zombies and mummies. Instead, try a fine-art approach that’s still wacky enough for the holiday.
24. Halloween Collage: Can’t decide which Halloween fave to go with? Use a different nail for each October 31 icon so no one misses out.
25. Jack Skellington: We love this black, white, and sparkly tribute to a Halloween classic.
27.Disney Princesses: If you can’t decide which Disney princess you want to be this year, then just be all of them! This mani shows off their goofy side because even a Disney princess knows how to have fun too.
28.Skeleton Nails: Day of the Dead meets minimalist skeleton nail art = melting our Halloween-obsessed, beauty-loving hearts.
29.Black + White FTW: We’re loving this multimedia version of *all* the Halloween themes. (via Keiko Lynn)
30. Skull Nails: Keep it simple (and classy) will all white everything — and just a pop of skull. (via Treasures & Travels)
Want more Halloween inspiration? Be sure to check out our Pinterest page.