10 Rainbow Party Ideas to Celebrate Pride Month
Pride celebrations are in full effect, and we are loving all the colorful tributes everywhere. If you’re planning on hosting your own party to support and rep the LGBTQ+ community, have we got some rainbow-inspired looks for you! Not only does this theme play a huge role in the symbolism of the event and its history, but it’s pretty fierce-looking as well. Scroll on for some rainbow DIYs that are sure to turn heads this June.
1. DIY Rainbow Discoball: If you do one thing this year, this should be it. Who doesn’t love a party with shimmering light? (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. DIY Rainbow Mimosas: This is totally a thing, and you need to do it when you have the gang over for brunch before heading to the parade. All you need is a little food dye. (via Brit + Co)
3. Rainbow Mini Donuts: Speaking of snacks, these little bites of colorful happiness are a more subtle nod to the Pride flag. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Rainbow Balloon Arch: Can you even call yourself a hostess without a balloon arch that fills the entirety of your living room? We think not. (via The House That Lars Built)
5. DIY Hard Candy Shot Glasses: You can keep filling them up with your fave bevvy, or just fill them with whipped cream and sprinkles. It’s adorably delicious either way. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
6. Lula Flora Mini Star Piñata ($29): Hosting a larger event means goodie bags. Pack yours with a mini piñata full of candy and some rainbow confetti. If you’re feeling particularly rich, go for the mini booze bottles too.
7. DIY Painted Macarons: Use macarons to display all the colors of Pride in a tasty format. (via Club Crafted)
8. Rainbow DIY Candle Taper Holder: You could craft a million and one rainbows, but what will you do with them after? This candle holder is perfect for summer and into the fall. Just swap out the candles for seasonal hues. (via Sugar & Cloth)
9. Rainbow-Inspired Kebabs: What’s a party without some healthy and delicious food? These kebabs can be prepared beforehand and are easy to throw on the barbecue once all of your guests start arriving. (via Aww Sam)
10. DIY Rainbow Pastel Hair: Even if the only nod to rainbows at your event is your hair, it will have been well worth it. (via Brit + Co)
Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative #pride
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.