Make This Sprinkle Ombre Cake for Independence Day!
Get excited! The 4th of July is coming up and you know what that means?! Another epic Brit + Co 4th of July cake! Our first year may have been the best, with our Ombre Independence Day Cake gracing the cover of InStyle’s entertaining section. But last year’s ombre funfetti cake wasn’t too shabby either. Will this year’s be even better? Keep reading to find out!
– 2 boxes Miss Jones all-natural vanilla cake mix
– 6 eggs
– 2/3 cup oil
– 1 1/3 cup water
– red, orange, yellow, green, blue gel food coloring
– red, white, and blue nonpareil sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Gather your ingredients and make cake mix according to package directions.
2. Divide cake mix evenly into 5 separate bowls. Tint with gel food coloring to create a red, orange, yellow, green and blue ombre effect.
3. Bake cakes according to package directions and let cool completely.
4. Cover each layer with a thick layer of frosting, then cover the entire cake in a thin layer of frosting. This thin layer is called the crumb coat and will seal in your crumbs. Place cake in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. Remove cake from refrigerator and cover with a thick layer of frosting.
6. Immediately cover cake with sprinkles by pouring and gently patting cake with handfuls of sprinkles. It's helpful to put the cake in a large plastic tub during this process to catch all of the sprinkles.
Let's dive in!
Happy 4th of July!
Don't forget to complete your party and cake with festive flag straws from Acme Party Co.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)