Ready, set, SLAY. Beyond an It girl-approved swimsuit and a straw beach bag that transitions from the streets to the sand, it’s your shade game that deserves to be top priority. Beyond your classic wayfarers and aviators, retro oval-shaped sunnies are on the verge of having an epic comeback. You’ll seek solace in the universally flattering silo — undoubtedly inspired by cool cats Audrey Hepburn and Kurt Cobain — and a slew of trend-right colorways that promise to get you noticed on and off the beach. Keep scrolling for nine vintage-inspired oval sunglasses that are guaranteed to bring forth a summer of scandal.
1. Crap Eyewear The Love Tempo Blue Clouds ($60): It’s only blue skies ahead, babes! These dreamy cloud printed frames will bring forth a positive state of mind, rain or shine. (Playful pom-pom earrings unfortunately not included).
2. zeroUV Oversize Retro Tapered Arms Oval Sunglasses ($10): Don’t back down now. Reach certified heartbreaker status with these sassy Baywatch red oval sunnies that aren’t messing around one bit.
3. Poppy Lissiman Dakota Cream Marble ($110): Oh, you rock star, you. Take festival grounds by storm with these oversized marbled sunglasses that will have you seeing stars. Throw in a crochet halter top and festi-cool cutoffs or you’re not doing it right.
4. Nasty Gal Oval and Out Shades ($16): Protect your peepers and shut down any haters with these powder blue shades that you’ll reach for 24/7. Make ‘em stop and stare, we say!
5. Raen Figurative Sunglasses ($150): You best believe these mod statement-making frames will be making a splash at a pool party down in Hollywood Hills.
6. Elizabeth and James McKinley Sunglasses ($185): Who are you, the Olsen twins? But actually. Snag their signature boho look by teaming these sunshine-hued shades with a Grecian inspired maxi dress and a fringe-tastic suede vest.
7. Cheap Monday Kurt Cat Eye Sunglasses in Black ($48): Do Kurt Cobain proud with these chunky noir cat-eye sunglasses that read full-fledged groupie status. Throw in a leather jacket, some distressed black cutoffs, and a DGAF ‘tude for a Lollapalooza-bound lewk.
8. Sunday Somewhere Kurt Oval-Frame Acetate Mirrored Sunglasses ($250): You had us at millennial pink. What would a glam girl be without a pair of diva-style oval shades with Miss Piggy appeal?
9. Urban Outfitters Vintage Zackly Oval Sunglasses ($24): Cue the summatime vibes with these mirrored oval lenses that couldn’t be any more with the times. Throw in a denim jacket and some woven leather huaraches as a nod to your hippie roots.
Will you be investing in a pair of oval-shaped sunnies? Follow us on Pinterest for more summer style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.