17 Beach Bags That Work from the Streets to the Sand
Balmy beach days, far-flung getaways, and afternoons spent chillin’ in the summer sun call for a lineup of go-with-the-flow essentials worthy of a vacation all on their own. Alongside espadrilles, floaty floral rompers, and signature swimsuits, no warm-weather wardrobe is complete without at least one scene-stealing beach bag. Keep scrolling for 17 beach babe-approved totes to scoop up now and wear all season long.
1. Free People Slouchy Vegan Tote ($68): Any piece that can pull a bit of double duty is okay in our book, and this silvery stunner doesn’t disappoint. When you’re not lounging poolside, flip it inside out to expose sophisticated white vegan leather.
2. Kayu Coco Bag ($160): Handcrafted in Malaysia, this brilliant blue tote is just about as versatile as they come. Making the transition from the beach to brunch totally effortless, it’ll have no trouble scoring a top spot on your getaway packing list.
3. Mango Raffia Basket Bag ($80): Bohemian babes, rejoice! Trimmed in free-wheelin’ fringe, this roomy raffia top brings the good vibes en force. Trick it out with a colorful scarf for a bit of added oomph.
4. STATE Bags Graham Tote Bag ($80): Trend-right one-piece: check. Sleek mirror shades: double check. The only thing missing from this flawless equation? A scene-stealing beach bag that will put that beat-up canvas tote to shame. Take advantage of the transparent material to show off your brightest seaside swag.
5. AlexaMacy Crafted by Hand Straw Pompom Beach Bag ($79): Achieve beach babe status in a snap by busting this tassel-trimmed bad boy out for your next stint in the sun. Amplify its look-at-me effect by teaming it with a printed retro bikini and dramatic kimono.
6. Rebecca Minkoff Dreamy Denim Tote ($295): Pint-size pom-poms, shimmery medallions, and bright embroidery make this tie-dye tote a beach babe essential. Let your free-spirited side run wild and partner it up with a crochet coverup.
7. Mystique Hakone ($215): Beach bag goals? You’re looking at it. Rock it with a white tie-front romper and gladiators to let the rainbow bright pom-poms take center stage.
8. Zara Striped Raffia Tote ($90): Oh the places you’ll go with this striped sac in tow. This wear-any-which-way option is too good to confine to beach time, so load it up with your workweek swag come Monday for five more days of foolproof style.
9. American Eagle Oversized Canvas Tote ($35): Keep calm and carry on this summer with a striped tote that will keep all eyes on you when you step foot onto the sand. As if the showstopping color palette wasn’t enough to render you smitten, the super spacious interior certainly will.
10. Hartwood House Palma Rattan Backpack ($78): Your go-to poolside companion for summer 2017? This supremely stylish backpack. You can count on the patterned rattan and fuss-free silhouette to lend a simple tank dress or daring plunge one-piece just the right amount of swagger.
11. Mar Y Sol “Ibiza” Woven Tote With Tassel Charms ($139): Handwoven with sustainably sourced materials, this pretty pink straw bag is equal parts eco-conscious and street style-approved. Do like your favorite It-girl and slip it over your arm with an off-the-shoulder frock and dainty layered necklaces.
12. Gracie Roberts Waikiki Straw Tote ($58): One word: obsessed. Between the cute circular shape and customizable straps, there’s plenty to love about this striped straw sac.
13. South Beach Rose Gold Vacay Beach Bag ($24): We love bright embroidery just as much as the next burgeoning street style star, but when you’re in the mood to kick it minimalist style, this sleek seaside tote has you covered.
14. Sam Edelman Darcy Textured Straw Tote ($148): With this red hot number in hand, you can almost feel the warm sea breeze whip through your hair. Slip on a swimsuit, then load up your tote with sunscreen, good reads, and plenty of H2O for a day of fun in the sun.
15. & Other Stories Straw Bag ($60): Whether you’re kicking back with your toes in the sand or pounding the pavement doing your boss babe thing, this nonchalant sac will ensure you do it in style.
16. Anthropologie Marta Hammock Bag ($168): Gear up for an exotic getaway (snorkeling and umbrella cocktails included) with this bold strappy beach bag.
17. Fallon & Royce Drinks Well With Others Crystal Tote ($78): Beach, please! This embellished carryall tells it like it is all season long.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.