23 Reasons Why the Rooftop Wedding Trend Is Tops
When you’re planning a wedding at the same time as 14 of your closest pals (as often happens), you’ll do anything to stand out. The last thing you want is to throw back-to-back DIY barn weddings with your best friend from college — and your sister-in-law already called dibs on the art museum, so what’s a bride to do? Raise the roof on the roof, that’s what. Rooftop weddings are one of the latest trends in nuptials, whether it’s an intimate ceremony overlooking the city or sky-high dance parties for the whole gang. We’ve rounded up a few bits and pieces to inspire — let’s take it from the top.
1. Austin Parking Garage: Yep, this ceremony took place on top of a PARKING GARAGE. This wedding is absolutely one-of-a-kind, until you copy it. We’re also digging the turquoise dresser and chandelier marking the altar in this flawless day. (via Geoff Duncan)
3. 620 Loft + Garden: A proposal in Grand Central Station and a ceremony on a rooftop that’s so pretty we want to barf? Is this real life? (via Style Me Pretty)
8. Down Under: As this blogger says, the photographer captured not only the essence of this couple, but also the architecture of Melbourne. Also, the bride’s dress is drool-worthy. (via Polka Dot Bride)
9. Aerial View: If your photographer brings a second shooter, ask about the possibility of an incredible aerial party pic like this one — taken from a nearby roof or balcony on a taller building! (via Intimate Weddings)
11. Black + White: Kate Spade’s responsible for this black, white and pink glam wedding inspiration — which is formal without being stuffy. We love the simple, yet sophisticated ceremony backdrop. (via Burnett’s Boards)
16. Parasols: If you’re gonna say your vows on a rooftop (exposed to the elements!), consider setting out some sun protection for your guests, like complimentary sunblock and parasols. (via Style Me Pretty)
17. Denver Modern: Rather than going the rustic mountain ranch route, this couple embraced the city landscape with a fresh and carefree autumn celebration. The yellow trees at the end of the aisle differentiate the space naturally, as if they were just trees that happened to grow tall as can be. (via Style Me Pretty)
18. Edge of Everything: To loop you in, this Chicago venue is incredible — like a garden among the skyscrapers. No need to bring any flowers when it already looks like a million bucks up there. (via Lightology)
19. Sunnies: Wedding favors can be fun, but rarely are they useful. Make yours both with some cute sunglasses that your guests will wear again and again… as long as you resist the urge to put your initials on them. :) (via 100 Layer Cake)
21. Waterfront: The only way you’re gonna get a view like this on your wedding day is if you take it to the roof. Happy to see this dramatically beautiful wedding has a matching backdrop in Clearwater, FL. (via Hey Wedding Lady)
So, have we convinced you that rooftop weddings are on the up-and-up? Let us know which high-rise you’ve got your eye on!