Mingling. Cheersing. Kissing every person in the perimeter of a party –– this is not appropriate behavior for a sit-down dinner. But you know what it is appropriate for? Finger food. Warm up those digits and get ready to dive in. We’re pointing you toward delectables for fueling all that NYE smooching.
1. Panko Crusted Shrimp with Chive Aioli: Shrimp cocktail has been serial crashing parties since the ‘80s. We think it’s time for a panko-dusted facelift. We’re especially keen on the presentation shown here. (via Mama’s Gotta Bake)
2. Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms: Mushroom caps are incredible. Yes, incredible. Not only do they lend their umami flair to this morsel, but they act as a bowl for all that sausage-y, chedder-y goodness. And for that, we thank them. (via Food Network)
9. Roquefort Date Pecan Cheese Balls: Resolutions are on the horizon and fad dieting is just a ball drop away. This might be the last time you allow yourself to binge on cheese for a while. Make the most of it by eating it in multiple forms. Here it is disguised as a pecan date ball. (via Oh Cake)
11. Cucumber Cups with Ginger-Carrot Puree: Okay, okay, we’ve given you enough meat, bread, and cheese to make up for any opportunities you may have missed throughout the year. This is us acting like responsible adults. Please, make your mothers happy. Eat your vegetables. (via Stranded In Cleveland)
13. Anchovy & Rosemary Popcorn: If someone at your party claims not to like popcorn, be afraid… very, very afraid. That’s straight-up Borg. On the other hand, not liking anchovies? That’s something we get. Luckily, there’s a Salted Caramel and Sweet & Salty Spiced option as well. (via The Telegraph)
15. Steak Harissa Crostini: While we’ll always hold a special place for Sriracha in our hearts, harissa put the heat on the rooster-marked bottle in 2013. Consider this nibble a tribute to its entrance to the mainstream. (via Tablespoon)
What are your favorite modern finger foods? Tell us in the comments below.