13 Ways to Rock Silver and Gold at Your NYE Party
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! There are so many fabulous options for holiday decor and fashion, but we’re partial to classic silver and gold. Mixed metallics have been one of the biggest trends in weddings this year, mainly because they instantly make everything more celebratory and fun. You can add in pops of color if it suits your holiday fancy, or just stick to the basics. Here are 13 our favorite ways to get this festive look this holiday season, all seen on one of our go-to event planning sites, Loverly.
1. A Sparkly Bolero: A sequined topper makes any dress a party dress! This is a great option to throw in your bag for when you need an extra layer on the party circuit.
2. Glittery Mason Jars: This simple DIY project is pretty enough to keep out all year. It will instantly warm up any space.
3. Gold “Silverware”: Take your place settings up a notch with gold flatware and accents. Maybe goldware is the new silverware? ;)
5. Crystal Accents: Crystal details add extra shine when added to silver and gold place settings. We love how just a few crystals on the table adds an instant winter wonderland vibe to this scene.
6. Metallic Cupcake Wrappers: As if cupcakes needed any more reason to be tempting-as-ever!
7. Moody Hues: Silver, gold, gray, and white create an icy look that’s still warm and inviting. We’re digging the cotton flowers in the vase on as part of each place setting.
8. Sequined and Shimmering Party Styles: Two things that will get you through every party during the month of December: a sparkly party dress and a glitter manicure. Oh, and a glass of champagne! ;)
9. Subtle Shine: Neutral colors and a mix of textures create a sophisticated and elegant vibe.
10. Extra Festive Photos: A big gilded frame instantly makes a photo opp more celebratory and fun. If you’re creating a NYE photobooth, you might even consider getting a few different frames and gluing them onto dowels or heavy duty popsicle sticks.
11. Magical Lighting: Set the scene for your winter wonderland with floating candles, twinkling lights, and pretty crystals. But when it comes to sparkles, remember that less can be more.
12. Wintry Centerpieces: Mix gold, silver, and bronze accents with rustic textures like cotton and wood to create a more ethereal experience.
13. Gilded Cakes: And finally, one of the biggest trends we’re seeing in desserts right now is silver and gold cakes. So fancy!
Photo Credits: 1. Shannon Nicole Smith on Inspired by This 2. Jordan of Landon Jacob on Smitten Magazine 3. Traci Burke Photography on Every Last Detail 4. Jose Villa on Inspired By This 5. Inga Finch Photography on Munaluchi Bridal 6. Traci Burke Photography on Every Last Detail 7. Marianna Jamadi on TINSEL & TWINE 8. Jessica Claire on Inspired By This 9. Jessica Claire on Inspired By This 10. Desi Baytan Photography on Inspired By This 11. Rennard Photography on My Hotel Wedding via Lover.ly 12. Mark Williams Studio on Southern Weddings 13. Jen Huang on Style Unveiled
What gold and silver decor ideas will you incorporate into your NYE decor this year? Talk to us in the comments below.
The last six months have certainly schooled us on having a cash safety net for life's unexpected turns (a pandemic being the *most* unexpected). Millions of Americans are out of work and many more are left vulnerable in COVID's wake. In fact, a recent report from the Charles Schwab Foundation found that half of Americans would not be able to cover an emergency expense of $1,000 in the next month. Scary, right?