As every beauty-lovin’ lady knows, there’s a whole wide world of products out there just waiting to be tried, applied, and scrutinized. But amid the hooplah of must-haves, the options for us gals with uber-sensitive skin can be seriously slim pickings. That’s why we love these 19 sensitive skin care products that are safe for even the moodiest of complexions.
1. Simple Kind to Skin Micellar Makeup Removing Wipes ($6): These handy wipes are a go-to for their makeup-removing, pore-unclogging, oh-so-gentle ways.
2. VMV Hypoallergenics Super-Skin-Starts-Here Set: Moisture Rich for Dry Skin ($29): Also available for combination and oily skin types, this kit includes travel-sized versions of its wildly popular cleanser, toner, and moisturizer, all free of parabens, dyes, fragrances, allergenic surfactants, and basically anything irritating.
3. Make Up For Ever Sens’Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser ($25): We like to keep this ultra-gentle eye makeup remover stocked at all times. It scraps every last trace of mascara, concealer, and eyeshadow without leaving any residue — or irritation — behind.
4. Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm With Echinacea Greenenvy ($34): Hydrating balms provide the most soothing relief to super dry, irritated skin. This mild, clean-beauty option will rid your face of makeup with sweet hydration.
5. Avene Xera Calm AD Lipid-Replenishing Cleansing Oil ($24): This cleansing oil gently repairs the natural skin barrier that your sensitive skin is missing.
6. Drunk Elephant JuJu Bar ($28): This ah-mazing multi-tasking powerhouse has a low pH to protect your skin’s natural oil barriers as it cleanses, hydrates, and heals the most temperamental of skin. Yes, please.
7. Plant Apothecary Be Gentle Organic Bar Soap ($12): We really dig this chic bar of soap — and not just for its minimalist packaging. It gets you scrubbed clean using essential oils that are safe for the most sensitive of skin.
8. The Seaweed Bath Co. Purifying Micro-Scrub ($25): Finicky complexions can get down with this clean, green, anti-aging scrub. It douses your face with healthy minerals and nutrients from hand-harvested seaweed, so you’ll basically be living that #mermaidlife.
9. Dr. Dennis Gross Ultra Gentle Alpha Beta Daily Peel ($88): Re-texturize and smooth your complexion with this physician-approved, *extra-gentle* DIY peel.
10. RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Night Cream ($18): Skin experts regularly sing the praises of anti-aging retinol, AKA vitamin A. If retinoids have been too harsh for your skin in the past, this extra-mild, nighttime wrinkle-eraser might do the trick.
11. Verso Super Eye Serum With Retinol 8 ($80): Verso Skincare-formulated eye serum with Retinol 8 is a milder version of the celebrated youth-preserver. Prepare to kiss those eye creases goodbye, ’cause this bad boy is the ultimate crow’s feet-fighter!
12. Amala Purifying Blemish Treatment ($36): As we sensitive-skinned ladies are well aware, acne-fighting chemicals can be way too harsh. Enter: Amala’s top-rated, all-natural remedy for breakouts while you snooze.
13. Renee Rouleau Rapid Resonse Detox Masque ($61): Ever since we discovered Demi Lovato relies on this mask to keep her face dewey AF, we’ve been all about the fragrance- and paraben-free product. The anti-inflammatory formula won’t dry out or irritate your skin and is heaven-sent for sufferers of hormonal acne.
14. Julie Hewett Los Angeles Pure Persian Rose Water ($24): Antioxidants? Check. Anti-inflammatory? Check. This 100 percent pure Persian rose water hydrator is *all that* and more thanks to its inherent cleansing, soothing, and acne-fighting properties.
15. Odylique Timeless Rose Moisturizer ($48): Cleopatra relied on rose water to cleanse, tone, and refresh her skin, so this rose-derived gentle moisturizer suits us just fine. The award-winning moisturizer is luxe enough for a queen but formulated for ladies with sensitive skin.
16. Natural Green Brand Tepezcohuite Cream ($28): Salma Hayek swears by this tepezcohuite-infused cream for its soothing, healing, and anti-inflammatory properties that even work for sensitive skin types. Fair-skinned ladies will also appreciate its help in fading old blemishes and acne scars.
17. Farmacy Honey Savior All-in-One Repair Salve With Echinacea Greenenvy Honey ($34): The incredible anti-bacterial properties of honey keep your acne in check, while soothing balm will heal your dry, cracked, or inflamed skin. It’s also packed with antioxidants to fend off environmental damage caused by pesky free radicals.
18. Paula’s Choice Skincare CALM Redness Relief Repairing Serum ($34): This redness-relieving serum delivers powerful anti-aging nutrients to your delicate skin as it hydrates and soothes. Talk about refreshing!
19. Skinfix Eczema Soothing Wash ($20): There’s nothing worse than the itchy, scaly, and painful affliction that is eczema, which is why this 98 percent natural cleanser warrants a shout-out. Using coconut-derived cleansers, it’ll relieve irritation and leave your skin feeling baby-soft.
What are your must-have skincare products for sensitive skin? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.