Celebrate Small Business Saturday With 6 Shops You’ll Want Everything From
Every chance we get, we like to connect you with the makers behind the awesome goods we’ve got in the B+C Shop. Whether it’s a random gift for a friend, a holiday gift for your mom or a new skill for yourself, we want you to know the real story behind what you’re purchasing. After all, when you understand the story behind the artist and their craft, you’ll get an even deeper appreciation for their handiwork, and that’s what makes gifts more meaningful. In honor of Small Business Saturday, we’re celebrating some crazy talented entrepreneurs making amazing stuff.
This line of organic health and beauty products comes to you from Denver, Colorado. Founder Brandy Monique brings it back to basics using simple, earthy remedies.
1. Citrus + Vanilla Sugar Scrub ($18): Give your skin some sugar! Psst, this item is a B+C exclusive.
2. Facial Care Kit ($74) Want your face to glow in holiday photos? The secret to happy skin lies here. Plus, since it comes in nice, small travel sizes, this kit makes the perfect gift for someone who flew in for the holidays.
If it fizzes, sparkles or has kittens on it, you can probably find it in this LA-based design house. This brand is seriously fun and a great source of life and style inspiration.
3. Giant Gem Speaker ($40): Never miss a chance to pump up the jamz for an impromptu dance party! Throw this little gem in your day bag, backpack or stroller for the most stylin’ portable sound system around.
4. I Am Very Busy Phone Case ($26): You’ve got places to be, people to see and dance moves to show off. Live it up with this glamorous phone case.
From Jackson Hole, Wyoming, to you, here’s a jewelry line inspired by the excitement of new places and adventures.
5. Mountain Necklace ($54): The mountains are calling! Answer the call with this enchanting necklace that brings out your inner free spirit.
6. Druzy Pendant Necklace ($44): Rough quartzy texture meets a shiny gilded finish for a truly dazzling necklace.
The mission of this San Francisco-based company is simple, but not plain: Make life simpler AND more delightful.
7. Gold Dots Print Carryall Tote ($52) We’re stuck on this carry-all, no doubt about it. It combines functionality with a timelessly classic look that matches everything.
8. Etc. Canvas Bucket ($): Take that big pile of miscellany in the corner, toss it in this cute canvas bucket and voila! It looks like it’s meant to be there.
Having grown up in a chocolate-loving household in Venezuela, AmberLee knows her cacao. Her lifelong creative affair with the sweet stuff definitely comes through in her line of chocolate.
9. Cup of Cheer Tote Gift Set ($32): AmberLee contributed the hot chocolate sticks (Salted Caramel and Chai) to this epic gift set. It’s rounded out with a sturdy, colorful tote bag and gingham mug.
10. Peppermint Hot Chocolate on a Stick ($25): You haven’t experienced hot chocolate like this before. Belgian milk chocolate + an old fashioned peppermint stick = a delicious, steamy concoction.
Grow + Make
This is a culinary adventurer’s dream come true. Their DIY kits come with all the supplies to dabble in everything from chai tea to artisan wine making and beyond.
11. DIY Hot Sauce Deluxe Kit ($40) Talk about a culinary adventure! This kit has everything you need to make and bottle SIX hot sauces.
12. DIY Lip Balm Kit ($34): With this kit, you can melt, flavor and pour your own lip balm to gift to 12 lucky friends!
What are your favorite makers? Let us know in the comments below!