Introducing Our Easy No-Bake Snickers Cake!
We love candy bars in just about any form, and if that wasn’t already obvious, we’ve included a recap to jog your memory. We’ve taught you how to make a Butterfingers Cake and we’ve made Snickers Ice Cream Brownie Bites, and don’t forget when we tackled homemade Snickers bars, Butterfinger bars, and Kit Kats. Today we’re making our super easy no-bake Snickers cake!
– 1 frozen pound cake
– 2 cups chocolate frosting (store bought or homemade – see recipe below)
– 1/2 cup caramel sauce
– 1/2 cup peanuts
– 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
– 1 cup whipping cream
– 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
– 1 stick butter, softened
– 3 cups powdered sugar
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Start by making the frosting: Use a mixer to cream softened butter; add melted chocolate and continue to mix. Slowly add powdered sugar and sour cream. Add vanilla and beat until smooth.
2. Remove frozen pound cake from freezer and unwrap. Spread frosting in a thick layer on top of the pound cake, adding more frosting around the edges of the pound cake in order to create a shallow well in the center to hold the caramel.
3. Fill shallow well with caramel. Top with peanuts. Place in the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.
4. To make the ganache, place chocolate chips and whipping cream in a small bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals until melted. Let cool until slightly thickened.
5. Drizzle ganache over top of the pound cake and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes till firm. Serve at room temperature.
Let’s start with the homemade chocolate frosting. Use a mixer to cream softened butter; add melted chocolate and continue to mix. Slowly add powdered sugar and sour cream. Add vanilla and beat until smooth.
Unwrap the frozen pound cake. Spread frosting in a thick layer on top of poundcake, allowing the edges to gently curl up, creating a shallow well to hold the caramel.
Fill shallow well with caramel. Top with peanuts. Place in the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.
To make the ganache, place chocolate chips and whipping cream in a small bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals until melted. Let cool until slightly thickened.
Drizzle ganache over top of poundcake and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to firm up. Serve at room temperature and enjoy your easy no-bake Snickers cake!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)