17 Running Products You Need This Spring
With longer days and warmer temps approaching, it’s finally time to take your workouts out into the fresh air again. And when it comes to outdoor exercise, it’s hard to beat a classic for getting your body moving without any complicated techniques to memorize. Whether you’ve got a half marathon on the agenda or are just looking forward to giving yourself props for making it out the door, we’ve got all of your running needs covered with equipment and accessory recs to help you feel like true jogging pro.
1. AIWENSI Extra-Wide Running Belt ($15): If you’re sick of the old running-with-your-keys-in-hand trick, turn to a hands-free solution. This fitted running belt is equipped to comfortably hold all the essentials you could need, ranging from house keys to your passport (indispensable when exercising abroad).
2. Lock Laces Elastic No Tie Shoelaces ($8): Running safely starts with your shoes. Keep potential slips or trips at bay by swapping in these lock-in-place laces that greatly improve your chances of staying clear of a bum knee.
3. New Balance Womens Novelty Heat Jacket ($31+): For early-morning or late-night runs (or those days when spring just refuses to do its normal balmy thing), this lightweight jacket is your best bet for staying nice and cozy. The fabric works to keep you warm while wicking any sweat along the way. Bonus: The trim is reflective, so you’ll stay safely in view of everyone around you.
4. Leg Shield Reflective Neoprene Ankle Bands ($11): If it’s too hot for a jacket, opt for these reflective anklets to attract attention, keeping you safely visible to motorists, bikers, and anyone else you’d rather not run into.
5. Bottle Band Handheld Bottle Grip ($8): Take your favorite hydration along for the run with an easy-to-hold bottle grip. Sling it around any size of bottle from 16 oz up to your big Nalgene, and you’re good to go.
6. GU Energy Labs Original Sports Nutrition Energy Gel ($35 for 24): When logging extra miles, on-the-go calories and electrolytes are everything. Choose from yummy flavors like chocolate, salted caramel, and strawberry banana to keep you pushing all the way to the final stretch.
7. Balega Hidden Contour Socks ($14): Prevent painful blisters with socks that eradicate slipping as you run. The plush padding and cute coloring certainly will make things easier for you too!
8. Under Armour Mini Headbands ($10+): Hair in your face is the worst! Grab a pack of colorful headbands to keep it slicked back and outta the way.
9. PACETAT Temporary Pacing Tattoo ($4): This isn’t the typical temporary tattoo you get for a quarter out of the grocery store vending machine. This one comes with all your splits to keep you on track, whether you’re pushing for 13.1 or 26.2. Plus, it’s water-resistant, so it’ll stay on for every minute of your race.
10. BodyGlide Original Anti-Chafe Balm ($8 for 0.8 oz): When you’re pounding the pavement, raw skin starts to kick in. Use this balm to cut down on friction and prevent chafing in some of the most uncomfortable places — underarms, thighs, neck, and anywhere else you’re feeling the burn.
11. Zipsoft Quick-Dry Microfiber Hooded Poncho ($28+): After a long run, the last thing you want to do is wait around in wet or sweaty clothes. So keep this microfiber robe handy to toss on over your garments until you get home.
12. FlipBelt Running Belt ($29): If an armband or pouch just isn’t your thing, give this slim option a go. It’s a no-bounce way to store all of your valuables every mile of the way.
13. DanForce Sports Armband ($10+): When you’re bringing your smartphone to keep you motivated and connected, stow it in a band out of your way to keep your hands free and eliminate the risk of dropping it. This one, sized to fit everything from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone X, is built to protect your device from sweat and water.
14. Alfamo Cooling Towel ($8+): Whether you plan on bringing this with you on your run or want to have it waiting once you’re done, you’ll love its cool, microfiber material from the moment it hits your skin.
15. Tuff Mutt Hands-Free Dog Leash ($23): A running companion makes the entire run better, and there’s no better person… er, pup for the job than your furry friend. Keep them at your side with a hands-free option that clips to your waist and gives them room to trod from side to side.
16. Tundra Gear Bluetooth Sports Headband ($25): If that beautiful fresh air is still a bit nippy, keep your ears toasty with this compact headband that packs a pair of wireless speakers inside. (Translation: There’s no headphone cord swinging in your way while you go!)
17. Reebok Fusion Flexweave ($120): Reebok’s latest shoe is lightweight and flexible, and the flexweave technology creates a stylish one piece upper that will provide support for your feet whether you’re hitting the road or the gym.
For more workout style, check us out on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.