10 Modern Trench Coats Your Spring Wardrobe Needs
Hands down: the trench coat is the most dapper piece of outerwear around. The menswear-inspired classic is known for making khaki coats anything but boring, and modern incarnations of this iconic silhouette are taking that same cue—keeping things super smart while turning up the volume with color, pattern, and fit. Trust us—your spring wardrobe won’t be complete without one of these 10 modern trenches, each buttoned and belted to chic perfection.
1. Parka London Odetta Hooded Trench Coat ($424): The coral color of this cotton coat caught our eye, but there’s so much more going on with this parka-trench hybrid. The hooded neckline and shower-proof fabric make it the perfect add-on for rainy days.
2. Gingham Trench ($175): The classic short trench goes graphic, and we totally approve! Hats off to the cool checked pattern for giving this jacket its modern edge.
3. Catherine Trench Coat With Leather ($248): We’re swooning hard over this sharp trench, complete with a contrast leather panel (and buckles. Don’t miss out on ogling those buckles!). Rock it right with its collar flipped up.
4. Nasty Gal Rendezvous Trench Coat ($95): A loungewear-inspired trench? Yeah, we could totally get behind this silky look. It’s the instant polish your outfit is missing.
5. Only Hooded Trench ($113): This cool color block trench would make a perfect transitional coat from winter to spring—flip up that hood while the weather’s still frightful.
6. Wrap Around Raincoat ($220): With folds as impressive as origami, this wrap-around raincoat shot straight to the top of our must have list for spring. The cape overlay is right on trend (Lupita! Kate!) and in that butter yellow, it looks like total ecstasy.
7. Asos Premium Trench With Jersey Contrast ($80): We’ve seen this jersey contrast sleeve on moto-style coats and jean jackets before, but never ever on a trench. It makes this lightweight piece look so freaking cozy. Verdict is: we love it!
8. Betsey Johnson Lace-Up Back Raincoat ($129): There’s nothing like contrast piping to take a coat from basic to bombshell status, as the black trim does for this stark white raincoat. The lace-up back is a cheeky detail—we wouldn’t expect anything less from Betsey Johnson.
9. Incognito Trench Coat ($58): If Carmen Sandiego was still sneaking around the world (from Kiev to Carolina!) this would be the trench she’d don today: super slick and in an ultra posh shade. Worn cinched or beltless, it’s sure to be a hit.
10. Pepe Jeans Twill Check Mic Parka ($292): In a nod to the classic classic, this two-toned khaki number is about as smart as trench coats get. It only gets more alluring with those preppy details like tortoise shell buttons and checked sleeves.
BonusThakoon Short Sleeve Belted Trench ($1,130): While we’re not entirely sure how practical a short sleeved trench is in the real world, we are straight up obsessed with this pastel geo print. We’ll definitely be dreaming about this resort-ready splurge.
Double Bonus!Veronica Beard Embossed Python Trench Coat ($895): A see-through trench coat? It’s as fabulous as it is scandalous. This exact trench is bit out of our price range, but if you’re way into this sheer style, pick up a copycat for less at Asos.
What spring jackets are you most excited about wearing this season? Tell us in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.