16 Insta-Worthy Pieces of Statement Jewelry to Step Up Your LBD Stat
We love the whole minimalist aesthetic — don’t get us wrong — but to elevate an essential LBD or an arsenal of tried-and-true basics, we need something with a little more panache than your average pair of geometric studs. Ya dig? Be it a piece of Granny’s jewelry or a sleek earcuff from an up-and-coming jewelry label, going bold in the accoutrement department is essential if injecting a little It-girl oomph into your after-hours look is high on your priority list. Below, we’ve curated a collection of wow-worthy necklaces, earrings, rings and more to take your #OOTD to the next level. Scroll on for 16 pieces of statement jewelry that’ll score you a few extra double taps wherever you go.
1. Ranjana Khan Midnight Tulle Clip-On Drops ($178): Puttin’ on the glitz isn’t always easy for girls without pierced ears. You love the look of dangling drops, but don’t want to commit. Enter the statement-making sparklers that are about to solve all your style woes in two seconds flat. Flirtatious tulle and bold gemstones are served up alongside a clip-on back, meaning you can channel your inner glamazon with the best of ‘em this season.
2. Free People Cosmic Stone Hand Piece ($48): Hello, gorgeous! Hit refresh on your arsenal of accoutrements by swapping out glitzy earrings and statement necklaces for a hand piece that’s straight-up out of this world. Cosmic stones and vintage styling put a dreamy celestial spin on a classic frock, landing your ready-to-party getup in Instababe territory in a snap.
3. J.Crew Mardi Gras Necklace ($148): While we’ve always been big fans of minimalism, we have to admit that we’re finding favor with the more-is-more approach to dressing that’s been sweeping the style scene. Exhibit A: this bright floral collar that’s equal parts elegant and glam. Three-dimensional blooms add visual drama to the piece, while shimmery crystals and blush-colored stones provide that bit of extra oomph your tried-and-true LBD needs.
4. BaubleBar Ombre Piñata Tassel Drops ($36): LBD feeling blah? Bring it back to life with a little color therapy a la these ombre tassels. The vibrant hues and swingy styling are all you need to add a punch of panache to an otherwise understated ensemble. Seal the sartorial deal with a faux fur coat and quirky clutch.
5. Free People Studded Pyramid Lock Front Choker ($150): You take your accessories seriously, and this is no average choker. A studded design, shimmery Swarovski crystals and handcrafted details lend this sparkler an ultra cool edge. Rock it with a leather jacket, pointed-toe ankle boots and don’t-care hair for an upcoming GNO or NYE fête.
6. Mango Faceted Crystal Earring ($20): Swanky chandelier earrings always seem more appropriate for after-hours, but these pearl and gemstone stunners have major IRL potential too — AKA, after knocking them dead at your NYE bash, they’ll slay all day when styled alongside an oversized sweater, skinny jeans and Chelsea boots. Running errands is about to get seriously chic.
7. Nastygal Stone’s Throw Head Chain ($35): Bow down. Go full-on goddess by ditching expected accessories for this show-stopping headpiece that’ll make jaws drop the second you step foot into the room. Play up your eye makeup for an even more dramatic effect.
8. Capwell Wild Flower Double Ring ($48): Bring on the bling! They say diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but we beg to differ. This handmade double ring is making us swoon hard with its delicate wildflower design and flashy rhinestone accents.
9. Banana Republic Northern Lights Statement Necklace ($88): Take an outfit from snoozy to stunning like that with this eye-catching crystal necklace that demands attention. Whether you style it with a silver jumpsuit for an upcoming wedding or keep things on the DL with a cami and velvet trousers, you can’t go wrong.
10. Urban Outfitters London Statement Earrings ($24): These OTT drops are not only wallet-friendly, but they’re guaranteed to get you noticed when paired with a floor-grazing gown or a sequin-studded mini dress. Come date night, they can just as easily be worn with a silk blouse, culottes and ankle boots. Your move.
11. Nasty Gal Truth Is Gold Lariat Necklace ($38): Fake it ’til you make it with this luxe lariat necklace with red-carpet appeal. Team it with a daring slip dress for date night, or dial things down with a band tee, blazer and boyfriend jeans.
12. Christie Nicolaides Atria Earrings ($229): Have a slew of upcoming GNOs, NYE fêtes and winter weddings in your iCal, will invest in these celestial earrings for a hint of It-girl glamour. Not only will these fab drops look DDG when you’re sipping on Champagne, but they’re guaranteed to keep the compliments coming all night long.
13. Mango Semi-Precious Stone Necklace ($40): Do your #OOTD proud by styling this edgy pendant necklace, featuring a wow-worthy semi-precious stone, alongside your favorite vintage frock. The juxtaposition between old world and new will earn you some serious style points with the street style crew. Just add a suede jacket and chunky block heels.
14. Mango Metal Pendant Earrings ($20): Look at those lips. Banish blasé outfits for good when you add these quirky danglers to the mix. Proceed to toss these bad boys on with a band tee and leather skirt for a look that reads rockstar chic.
15. Ann Taylor Floral Statement Earrings ($60): What better way to add swagger to everyday essentials or a much-loved A-line dress than with a pair of jewel-toned floral earrings that allow your style to fully bloom. Come after-hours, this satiny set will look epic teamed with a metallic wrap dress or a le smoking blazer.
16. Zara Long Gem Earrings ($20): Blend in with the crowd? You wouldn’t dare. Let these swingy chandelier stunners do ALL the talking at an upcoming gala or swanky dinner party. Style ‘em with a scoop-back jumpsuit or an embellished shift dress for a look that kills it around the clock.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.