11 OMG-Worthy Street Style Looks from Seoul Fashion Week
Forget about Paris, London, Milan and New York — it’s the streets of Seoul we’re currently swooning over. The South Korean capital city serves as an endless source of envelope-pushing style inspo when Fashion Week rolls around, both in terms of chic everyday ensembles that translate effortlessly to IRL, and WTF getups that make jaws drop (and religiously keep us coming back for more). Last year, twinning was a major trend, but for the Spring/Summer ’17 shows, the street style took a slightly more urban edge, with plenty of references to ‘90s grunge thrown in. Ready your double-tap digit — we’ve curated a list of our favorite looks from Seoul Fashion Week below.
1. Statement Sweater and Lace-Trimmed Slip: If you’ve been wondering how to rock a slip dress without entering into full-on throwback territory, start taking style notes stat. Layered under a bright statement sweatshirt and teamed with luxe-look shades, statement earrings and classic makeup, the slinky separates take on an edgier, more modern tone.
2. Bomber Jacket, Combat Boots and Joggers: Lazy girls everywhere, listen up! Achieving a casually cool look that still packs a punch is a lot easier than you think. Elevate classic black joggers with a leather bomber jacket, a mock neck sweater and combat boots FTW. Bonus points for statement shades and a killer clutch.
3. Graphic Top and Vibrant Skirt: For a classy look that doesn’t compromise on boss-lady edge, opt for timeless pieces in bold colors and trend-right prints. Team it with sleek locks and a brightly painted pout for max perfection.
4. Graphic Midi Skirt, Sneakers and Statement Bag: Going bold doesn’t have to mean taking it OTT, and this eye-catching ensemble is proof. A strict black and white color palette grounds the getup, and makes the statement-making nature of each piece feel perfectly cohesive.
5. Pinstripes and Fringe: Introducing power dressing at its finest. If you’re not convinced you can pull off pinstripe pants or skirts, opt for a piece of oversized outerwear instead. Counteract the androgynous vibe with knee-high boots, bombshell hair and a playful fringe bag.
6. Velvet Robe and Lingerie: Fashion week and your living room are probably the only places this scandalous ensemble would fly, but we’re totally diggin’ the confidence and DGAF sentiment behind it. Want to rock the look IRL? Layer a velvet wrap blazer over a rib knit mini dress and pointed-toe ankle boots for an #OOTD that slays after dark.
7. Newsboy Cap, Checked Shirt and Oversized Jacket: “Model off duty” takes on new meaning in the streets of Seoul. This retro-fabulous look feels psychedelically ’70s with a checked button-down shirt, leather newsboy cap and oversized jacket with geometric pull tabs. The only thing missing? A few disco-era tunes.
8. Statement Trench and Flares: ’70s chic meets 21st-century cool in this sophisticated ensemble. Our biggest takeaway? Harnesses make a sick alternative to a tried-and-true trench belt. We’ll be test driving this look STAT.
9. Wide Leg Trousers, Leather Bomber and Beret: Found it: the art-school-inspired getup you NEED for an upcoming poetry slam or ’90s night. Between the go-with-the-flow trousers, circular spectacles and classic French beret, there’s a whole lot of personality packed into one effortless #OOTD.
10. Monochromatic Tops and Skirts: Coordinated separates and long hemlines would seem to translate to a stuffy aesthetic, but this Insta pic proves otherwise. Sculptural ankle boots, an edgy ‘do and show-stopping yellow aviator shades turn up the heat on a potentially snoozy suit, while a ruffled maxi skirt takes on major ‘tude thanks to a leather-trimmed tee with no shortage of don’t-mess appeal.
11. Statement Sweatshirt, Button-Front Skirt and Camera Bag: Sometimes less really is more. A fuss-free ensemble will put you on the fast track to impeccable style (comfort inspires confidence), and it doesn’t get much more effortless than this. Simply round out the look with a long-line coat or bomber jacket when the temps take a dip.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!